Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What to do?

vette.vato

Corvette
2004 coup/commemorative edition
I'm taking my baby on a 2000 mile road trip :), how do I keep her nice and clean, automated car wash out of the question:nono what do some of you do to keep your baby looking good.:thumb

Car Care

When I go on a trip the first thing I do BEFORE checking into a motel is find a self serve car wash. I put my quarters in and soap it down real good, especially the front. Use a dood sponge or rag, rinse, dry and your done. Keeps all the bugs and road grime off for that days driving. Good luck.:beer

Self Serve Car Wash. Like Don said, find one near where you are staying and wash the car there. I usually carry a couple of brushes or sponges, a water blade, a bottle of 'detail spray', and a towel when traveling just for the clean up. Some hotels I go to that support Corvette shows actually provide water hoses and car wash areas for us but not enough of them. Get a roll of quarters and put them in the car.

Definitely bring your own carwash soap, and mitt. I think the chemicals at the self serve are a little harsh. I go back and forth from southwest,Va to the Jersey shore.....I'm a pro. if you put a splash of a good wash soap on the wet mit and wet the car you can wash it with just the min. to start the wash. : 1 put in quarters and wet car and mit, put down wand and wash like a maniac:W:W:W. 2. Add more quarters and rinse. Dont forget to rinse the mit. AND MOST OF ALL >>>>DONT USE THAT CRAP WAX:puke that comes out of those things. You can also use the hose at the fuel pumps at the travel centers, that works good too!! Its truly a circus act but it works.:boogie:boogie;LOL:thumb

Hib: What do you suggest should be used to UV protect the "clear" roof on a C5??
Would Armorall be good or some other "body" polish??
I have seen some pretty nasty ones. I saw one last week that looked like it was cleaned in acid. I assume that the UV did it. It looked all rough and crackly.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom