Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's a '67 coupe worth?

Koop

Corvette
YELLOW 69 modified GM Crate ZZ383, LS2 TBSS
Without seeing some better pics and more info about $15K less than what was offered.

Tom M

Koop said:
clear.gif
What's a '67 coupe worth?

Hi Koop,

There are so many factors that go into determining value, that the question is difficult to answer without: a) seeing the car in person, and; b) seeing it through the eyes of the potential buyer.

Nice car though. There is something about those '67s, isn't there? ;)

I know prices are high right now but 80K for this car is all the money and then some. From the limitted pics you can see:

Lack of seat belts?
wrong A/C comp.
Wrong water pump
wrong valve covers
altenator looks suspect
New trim rings & caps probably = repro
no awards.
I'd say about 40K over priced.

$82,500? Waaaay high, IMHO. Especially when you could be looking at an L89 or L71 tri-power in that price range. And it's only a 327....
I seem to find at auctions that you either get a steal or you get ripped off. I haven't found many vettes at auctions where they sell for the actual street value. But that's why they're auctioned and not sold on the street. It's a gamble for the buyer/seller.

IH2LOSE said:
Did this car sell?
Koop said:
...the actual high bid on this was $2,500 higher than what is posted at the link ($82,000)
:ugh sadly...(based soley what is known from the link)

The high offer was declined by the seller. The photos do not do the car justice it was as clean as possible from every angle, flawless paint with no stress cracks, runs, orange peel or surface scratches. The doors worked perfectly, the interior was brand new and appeared correct. While I don't know the exact specifics of the valve covers or compressor on the C2's I thought they looked correct. This car visually was very close to perfection. The high bid was $82,500, personally I couldn't believe the seller passed on that much money for the car, but it may be an indication of where the values are headed. It was Palm Springs, maybe the A/C added an extra $30,000 to the value.

Koop said:
The high offer was declined by the seller. The photos do not do the car justice it was as clean as possible from every angle, flawless paint with no stress cracks, runs, orange peel or surface scratches. The doors worked perfectly, the interior was brand new and appeared correct. While I don't know the exact specifics of the valve covers or compressor on the C2's I thought they looked correct. This car visually was very close to perfection. The high bid was $82,500, personally I couldn't believe the seller passed on that much money for the car, but it may be an indication of where the values are headed. It was Palm Springs, maybe the A/C added an extra $30,000 to the value.

Reminds me of the old story of the two fools who met at an auction,the one fool who bid too high and the other fool who refused it.

Granted the pictures may (I use the polite term may) not do the car justice,but from what I can see.

underhood finish is poor to say the least,
a/c compressor missing its detailing stickers
air cleaner lid also seems to be missing its stickers
wire runnig to a/c compressor area looks to be the ground wire or it could be the compressor clutch trigger wire in eather case its incorrect
300 hp is supposed to have steel valve covers

This price would make the guys at pro team blush,

I have always said it anybody purchasing in this price range should be purchasing a car with some recent NCRS flight judging ribbons

If in fact the midyears are bringing these kind of dollars this season. I will be less one 1966 Sunfire Yellow 427/425 car before the end of this car season.I would be afraid to drive it anymore.

Now I am the first to say my car is not perfect and I still have a ways to go untill I am ready for flight judgeing,But that car for that price is shocking to me.

29090609-4c46-02000180-.jpg

29649160-1259-02000180-.jpg

Looks like I will have to revisit the agreed value clause in my insurance policy. I'm about $40K off.

vette67B.jpg

My bet is more pictures will reveal more problems with this car. If this owner turned down 80K he's nut's. ;LOL
Koop said:

$80K was about $35K over-priced; he'll wish he'd taken the $80K - it wouldn't pull that kind of money even in a Barrett-Jackson emotional environment. :eyerole

If the seller didn't take the high bid, I can only assume one or two of two things...

1. This car has some "story" or "history" behind it and he's trying to sell it based on that.
  2. He's "invested over $80K (with receipts) into this car" and he's thinking that he's going to recoup all that money. ....Sorry,bud, that ain't the way it happens.

There is certainly something very strange about this case. Without seeing it in person, that car looks like a good catch at between $35-45K. What intrigues me is that there are two sets of fools: those who bid at that level and the vendor who refused to sell. I am sure there are stories within stories about that auction. But the truth will never be known.

$80,000 coupe

Denney said:
That VIN # ain't right... "VIN: 194377150590"... :confused

It's missing the leter S before the serial number and it is about 27,000 cars beyond the last 67 made.

The last one made! That's why it is so expensive!:D

Speaking of Vette shopping/values. When mentioning NOM - blank in an ad, what does the "blank" refer to? I think I have seen it a couple of times now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom