Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whats a '74 engine worth?

S

srmrvette

I have the original engine from a '74 Corvette, very complete with both intake and exhaust manifolds, has about 125K when removed to install a built engine.
I am tired of waiting for the new owner on my '74 to call me. What is this worth?

74 engine worth ??

What do you want for it ?? I might be interested but sounds like it will need a complete rebuild.Also shipping to NY state will be a little expensive.Let me know and we can go from there. Thanks,Fred

An L82 would be worth alot more than an L48. Do you know which it is.

tom...

Engine code is VO4D8CLA, base engine for a '74 coupe vin 1Z37J4S423817. Block casting date D54 (March 5, 1974). Engine was never rebuilt but I did take heads off to verify that the '74 pistons were dished to reduce the compression ratio. All # match. I was going to ask $500 here in CO, and @ $50 crating plus actual shipping if going elsewhere. One interesting item is that while the block # is 3970010 which is for a 68-76 4 bolt, if I remember correctly (it has been 10+ years) this stock engine is a 2 bolt which an expert at one of the magazine confirmed was correct. Running when removed, and even the compression test I did at the time wasn't all that bad.

L48, basicly the standard Chevy passanger car engine, nothing really special there. Don't really know a value, if in good shape may be useful to someone wanting a replacement engine. The only one that it would have a real value to is the current owner or the car.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom