Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whats a '74 engine worth?

S

srmrvette

I have the original engine from a '74 Corvette, very complete with both intake and exhaust manifolds, has about 125K when removed to install a built engine.
I am tired of waiting for the new owner on my '74 to call me. What is this worth?

Fred's Vettes

Corvette
1969 Blue/Black 1969 Green/Green Project
74 engine worth ??

What do you want for it ?? I might be interested but sounds like it will need a complete rebuild.Also shipping to NY state will be a little expensive.Let me know and we can go from there. Thanks,Fred

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
An L82 would be worth alot more than an L48. Do you know which it is.

tom...

S

srmrvette

Engine code is VO4D8CLA, base engine for a '74 coupe vin 1Z37J4S423817. Block casting date D54 (March 5, 1974). Engine was never rebuilt but I did take heads off to verify that the '74 pistons were dished to reduce the compression ratio. All # match. I was going to ask $500 here in CO, and @ $50 crating plus actual shipping if going elsewhere. One interesting item is that while the block # is 3970010 which is for a 68-76 4 bolt, if I remember correctly (it has been 10+ years) this stock engine is a 2 bolt which an expert at one of the magazine confirmed was correct. Running when removed, and even the compression test I did at the time wasn't all that bad.

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
L48, basicly the standard Chevy passanger car engine, nothing really special there. Don't really know a value, if in good shape may be useful to someone wanting a replacement engine. The only one that it would have a real value to is the current owner or the car.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom