Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's it worth - Burned Up 65 vert- Sad pics

• Thread starter Diamondback Classics
  • Start date
D

Diamondback Classics

I have the opportunity to purchase a 65 convertible at a sale this week. It will have a salvage title, but it is all there. I have a hand laid front end in the garage already and some of the front chrome. The firewall was not damaged at all. No hard top. A 327 car, 4 spd discs ect. I suspect it will be around the 20k range. Do you think if I ever went to sell it the salvage title will hurt its value? It from all I can tell it is an original paint car..."survivor" if you will. Thanks for your advise. Ron

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
So the correct way to determine a cars price

Figure out how much it worth ,100 percent done complete, I mean perfect.

I would then think it would take about a 20 percent hit for a salvage title.

Then calculate what it going to cost to get the car to a perfect condition.

Of course i have never been able to purchase a car doing this math,

Normally when I am done repairing/restoring a car I am about 20 percent over what it would have been to purchase a car all ready done.

Somebody has to save that thing.I hope you can get in afourdably.

Wish I knew the story and how the owner made out with his insurance. I would think it wasnt insured with a correct agreeded value coverage or the car would not of been totaled it would have been repaired

cfalson

Corvette
1966 Trophy Blue Coupe
Well lets look at it from the other side, it's a $20k car, assuming the nose and associated radiator and all else is gone.
$20k car
$2-$6k Paint
$1k radiator, harnesses and misc
$3k misc
$25k-30k plus your nose, with S/B hood
I would think you could find a nice driver for that price and no risk of engine damage, plus with a one piece nose and a salvage title the car will take a big hit on selling price. I think $20k is to high for the car $15k would be a much better price.

Corvette
84 Z51 auto R.I.P. 89 black roadster SOLD
Crapola that's my dream car! (actually in a little BETTER shape than I would like to have)

If only I had some money! :cry

Crapola!

Bill

cfalson

Corvette
1966 Trophy Blue Coupe
Crapola that's my dream car! (actually in a little BETTER shape than I would like to have)

If only I had some money! :cry

Crapola!

Bill

I'm sorry to hear your dream car is a nightmare. Prices are out of hand you can not buy a project everyone thinks they are sitting on a pot of gold

Corvette
84 Z51 auto R.I.P. 89 black roadster SOLD
I'm sorry to hear your dream car is a nightmare. Prices are out of hand you can not buy a project everyone thinks they are sitting on a pot of gold

Yep, my "dream car" is a nightmare midyear (these are called "midyears" right?). I want one in the worst of conditions, heck missing engine/trans would be ideal....but of course even in that condition it is cost prohibitive.

I don't want it because of what I think it will be worth after "restification"...if I cared about that I wouldn't have the car I do now. :L

I want to build a "midyear C4", ie midyear body with C4 drive train/suspension. Yes yes I know "oh the purist horror!"...but MY GOD what a sweet ride!

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
I have the opportunity to purchase a 65 convertible at a sale this week. It will have a salvage title, but it is all there. I have a hand laid front end in the garage already and some of the front chrome. The firewall was not damaged at all. No hard top. A 327 car, 4 spd discs ect. I suspect it will be around the 20k range. Do you think if I ever went to sell it the salvage title will hurt its value? It from all I can tell it is an original paint car..."survivor" if you will. Thanks for your advise. Ron

Well we all want to know what did it go for

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom