Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's this part?

Hrtbeat1

Corvette
'90 coupe (gone) '96 CE LT4 Z51
I had to take the C-beam apart to get the tranny out. Well when I was taking it out this thing came flipping down and almost hit me in the nose. I wish I had my camera. It is attached to the rear of the C-beam on the pass side, and looks like it may be an exhaust hanger, of some sort. It is about six inches long 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide and about 1/2 thick threaded rubber (like a tire) with a hole about 1 1/2 inches. It is attached to the C-Beam with like a 15mm bolt and is free swinging. My ehaust has been modified by a previous owner so I was just wondering what this thing was for.

Thanks

:pat
:CAC

Hrtbeat1 said:
My exhaust has been modified by a previous owner ...
I think that says it all. Nothing came from the factory that matches the description you give.

Thats the funny thing ... It wasn't attached to the existing exhaust. It looks like a factory part, but I dunno'. It swings down and is almost where the rear Y pipe would be .... I guess :confused .... hard to tell 'cos I don't have one.

Many Thanks to Magmotor

I found the part with some help from Magmotor, it is part of the original exhaust pipe :)L ) hanger. Thanks again for looking that up for me. :beer BTW its done going in tommorrow. Wish me luck.

I guess the '90 uses different hangers than my '87. My stock system has been history for quite a while some time now, and now I can't remember if my stock Y-pipe ever even had a hanger there. ;shrug

_ken

Ken said:
I guess the '90 uses different hangers than my '87. My stock system has been history for quite a while some time now, and now I can't remember if my stock Y-pipe ever even had a hanger there. ;shrug

_ken
This one is far from stock :L No worries, most of the time you are right on the money. I just had no idea, when it came swinging down (they left the broke end swiveled up next to the cockpit), what the flip it was for.

Magmotor has the C4/C5 part index on CD. Ya just gotta think like a GM Engineer to find the part you're looking for. I think he said he got it off E-Bay.

Cya

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom