Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheel size for '91 TT?

jonstr

What was the standard wheel size for a '91? The model center shows 17x9.5 for the 1990, was it the same? Was it the same front/rear also?

S

SurfnSun

Im pretty sure the OZ wheels were 17x9.5 like the stockers. The dymags were 17x10 :beer

jonstr

Im pretty sure the OZ wheels were 17x9.5 like the stockers. The dymags were 17x10 :beer
Thanks Josh. Joanne @ Callaway told me they "thought" they were 17x9.5, so that is why I'm trying to confirm. I didn't know the Dymags were different.

Any way to find out the offset and backspacing? Does "like the stockers" mean that the offset and backspacing should be the same as a stock wheel too?

I always get messed up when buying wheels. I thought I had it figured out when I put a set of Torque Thrust D wheels on my '69, but they ended up sticking about 2" out of the fender wells, so I want to be sure what I'm looking for.

S

SurfnSun

yes, if you go 17x9.5 the offset will be the same. If you wider on the rear (which I doubt you will based on our conversations ;) ) it will be different. If you look at a higher end wheel like an HRE, CCW etc...all you have to do is tell them you have a 91 Corvette and they can build wheels to fit the car. I believe 56mm is the correct offset.

jonstr

yes, if you go 17x9.5 the offset will be the same. If you wider on the rear (which I doubt you will based on our conversations ;) ) it will be different. If you look at a higher end wheel like an HRE, CCW etc...all you have to do is tell them you have a 91 Corvette and they can build wheels to fit the car. I believe 56mm is the correct offset.

Thanks again. And you are correct - looking for stock size. Turning out to be harder to find than I thought. :ugh

S

SurfnSun

Check with Callaway4Fun when he gets back from Carlisle. He bought some thin spoke OZs that I have seen used on other Callaways. His car carbon fiber but maybe he can direct you where to get some silver ones.

jonstr

Here ya go man!

http://www.eliteone.com/wheels/oz.htm Looks like they are 17x10.

Futura Modular.

Pete(Callaway4Fun) has the Mito's

Thanks for the pointer. Their website didn't show up in any of my searches. Unfortunately, I called the number on the home page, and it rings into MCI con call services, which is a bad sign. I sent an email instead.

Thanks!

*89x2*

What was the standard wheel size for a '91? The model center shows 17x9.5 for the 1990, was it the same? Was it the same front/rear also?

17x9.5" for the Callaway Corvette however, like Surf said, the Dymags actually measure out to ~ 10" wide at all four corners.

B2K's all wore equally sized rims at each corner, stock.

I hope this helps :m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom