Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WHEEL & TIRE FITMENT FOR MY 69 COUPE......

1965RRR

Corvette
1965 Rally Red Roadster
Hey Guys,
I'm looking to put my stock rally wheels and tires in storage and replace them.
Will 15x8 American Racing Vintage Torq-Thrust II Wheels and BFG T/A 255/60/15s fit without rubbing or spacers?
Or if another brand is better for that style?
Or if anyone has a set for sale?
Thanks for your help,
Andy

Are you asking about the rim size or tire? About the rim,,,, if its the tt'2s ,I think the big ones made for corvettes are 17's. Go to american racing wheels, click on application, enter your car specs, those are the 505's.
You should be able to see your car or similar year with rims in picture. They'll list the backspacing and offset for your car on those rims, (probably 4inch bs& minus 11.43 mm os), Also,,,, most I've heard are using 8 inch wide rims for stock trailing arms.
About the tire ,,,, I donnno

Your stock wheels are 15" x 8"; the TT-II's should work fine IF they're the correct backspacing and are designed to clear Corvette calipers.

:beer

for some reason ,, I thought you wanted to go bigger rims. Mayby you edited it. If your staying at 15 inch rims ,,,, dont listen to the back space and offset I posted

huk_finn said:
for some reason ,, I thought you wanted to go bigger rims. Mayby you edited it. If your staying at 15 inch rims ,,,, dont listen to the back space and offset I posted

I didn't make myself clear, so I did edit the original post.
Thanks for your help.

tt2's

a guy on ebay is selling new sets (RIMS ONLY). He might have what you need when you find out your back space and offset. Seems like a good price if he's LEGIT???
His rims are going for around $850 a set (17 inch), plus free shipping, plus free valve stems and lug nuts & center caps. I was quoted a price a little over $1000 & $120 shipping, (17 in size) from a different merchant with no mention of valve stems or lugnuts.
His feed back is a little iffy,,,,,, Sent him an email asking the offset on th 17's 2 days ago, no responce.
Your 15 inch should be cheaper, if you like to gamble.
Seems he sells brake parts, I think from ohio, lots of sales, poor email responce's and a couple bad feedbacks.

forget this guy,,, found a store , same cheap price & free shipping. I think it was cheapwheels .com. going by memory now,,, I'll correct it later if wrong[/quote]
The corrected name is ; www.wheelsforless.com look in vintage

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom