Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheels, C-4

CTYANK2

Corvette
1989 Black Convertible. 2011 VY Z06 KATECH #100
ARE ALL C4 WHEELS THE SAME? ASIDE FROM THE STYLE WILL ANY C4 WHEEL FIT ON ANY C4? I MAY BE ABLE TO GET A SET OF 94 WHEELS (WITH USED TIRES) FOR USE ON MY '89. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ANYTHING CAN GO WRONG WITH THIS?

PS: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET '89 WHEELS IN GOOD
CONDITION FOR REASONABLE $$$?

with an 89 Corvette, *most* wheels from 1988-1996 will fit.
I just *traded* a set of 17" wheels from an 89 but had I sold them in the condition they were, I would have asked for 750 bucks...
Hope this helps

Wheels C4

ARE ALL C4 WHEELS THE SAME? ASIDE FROM THE STYLE WILL ANY C4 WHEEL FIT ON ANY C4? I MAY BE ABLE TO GET A SET OF 94 WHEELS (WITH USED TIRES) FOR USE ON MY '89. DOES ANYONE KN0W IF ANYTHING CAN GO WRONG WITH THIS?

PS: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GETT '89 WHEELS IN GOOD CONDITION FOR REASONABLE $$$?

THANKS. YOU SAID "MOST" 88-96 FIT ... WHAT STOCK WHEELS MIGHT NOT FIT?

Welcome to the CAC website!!!!

...Most wheels. I would not put a ZR1 spec 17x11 wheel on the stock body 89's as they will hang out beyond the bodywork.
Some 93+ cars had 17x8.5's in the front and are narrower than the 88-92 fronts - purely a visual thing but, I prefer the 17x9.5's all the way around w/ the 275's like an 89 should have stock.
Hope this helps

84-87 wheels have a 38mm offset, if you put a 89-96 wheel on (which has a 56mm offset) then it will stick out and cause problems.

Any 88-96 wheel, with the exception of some ZR1 wheels and the GS rear wheels, should fit perfectly and not stick out. I may be wrong, but i believe that some of the Zr1 wheels had a different offset front/rear. Theyll fit, but theyll stick out a little.

the 17x11s will require fender flares to make em look right, because they WILL stick out

THANKS. I THINK I WILL KEEP LOOKING FOR MATCHING 89 WHEELS UNLESS A GOOD DEAL COMES ALONG FOR 88-96 WHEELS. BESIDES, I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE STOCK 89 WHEELS BEST.

Will a set of Fikse Fm5's fit on my 1985 vette? I have 16" inch wheels right now and i believe the lowest fikse goes to is 17". Will this cause problems if anyone knows, and as far as sticking beyond the body work, I am not sure of the width of my wheel now but i think it is 8.5"

wheels

I have a '94 with the 255's in the front.. Could I swap the narrow fronts out and put a set like I have on the rear in the front to run the same size on all four corners??

FourAndAHalf said:
Will a set of Fikse Fm5's fit on my 1985 vette? I have 16" inch wheels right now and i believe the lowest fikse goes to is 17". Will this cause problems if anyone knows, and as far as sticking beyond the body work, I am not sure of the width of my wheel now but i think it is 8.5"

You will need a spacer plate for those wheels, id recommend the VetteBrakes&Products spacer, best quality.

Re: wheels

"94 Sixspeed said:
I have a '94 with the 255's in the front.. Could I swap the narrow fronts out and put a set like I have on the rear in the front to run the same size on all four corners??

Yes you can.

Too cool!!!

Now I just need to find the bucks for the change..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom