Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheels for 85 vette

maxrevs85

Corvette
!985 ,blue coupe, 4+3 Z51
Finding aftermarket wheels for 84 thru 87 is becoming quite the challenge. Its is very limited to say the least. You can find high end wheels, Ken calls them jewelry for cars. I've been looking for something other than replica Vette wheels . Since i couldnt find anything less than $500 per wheel I checked on some Vette replica wheels. I decided on the polished z06 wheel in 18x9.5 and 18z10.5 . I called Custom Wheel Market in Cal. and wouldnt you know it? they just discontinued them for the 84 to 87 Vette. Well after much of the same elsewhere, I bought a set of ZR1 wheels , 17x9.5 and 17x11. Dont get me wrong Ilike them , I just didnt want the same ole same ole. Paid 844.99 with lugs centercaps and valve stems , free shipping. I hope the're ok:) Dave

I love those wheels, if you want to let them go let me know..

Let's see some pics.
Mart

Mart said:
I love those wheels, if you want to let them go let me know..

Let's see some pics.
Mart

Yeah I love them as well. If you get tired I will take em as well.:D

Hey Dave, I forgot to tell you about my idea of running chrome Ralley wheels with baby moon hubcaps on a C4. I've only seen it done once in a Wheel Vintques or Stockton Wheel Service advertisement, but I think it looks cool. :cool

It'd be cheaper too, than the billet wheels. ;)

I havent recieved the wheels yet. Ordered yesterday. So no pics. I wont be installing for awhile anyway. This is only part of what is going on. New trans 6 sp richmond ROD. Miniram , and assorted other thinkgs.

Ken the the ole hotrodder in me did think about it and it seems I have seen a pic of a C4 with the rallies. Cant remember where. I hate to put a steel wheel on though, unsprung wieght. :eyerole

I'm in the same boat!I have came to realize that I will be buying a set of AFS wheels(due to limited avail of wheels for my car) as soon as my wife give me the ok

Check out www.customwheelmarket.com

Thats where I ordered mine . I did check AFS , but it seemed they only had wheel and tire combos. I plan on running the Goodyear F1 GS D3.
I also sent an e-mail to www.HvyDeez.com to inquire about making a set of 18x9.5 in the GTSport wheel for my 85. If they are reasonable. I might sell the ZR1's. We'll see.:)

Got the ZR1's today. Very nice .....the Hvy Deez were more than I wanted to spend......the 17x11's are huge as will be the 315 35's to be mounted. :)

He he, Ive got a set of them in my basement except they are 10"wide and are trimmed in gold instead of black.:ugh :)

I should have posted over here earlier. I have a set of 4 16" American Racing Teron wheels for sale with Kumho Ectsa Supra tires in size 255/50/16 in excellent shape. No road rash or scratches on 3 of the rims and tires have plenty of tread left for many more miles of use. 1 Rim has some scratches very close to the bead but isn't noticeable enough to be of concern. Both tires and rims $600 or best offer plus actual shipping. Pic below. I can email more pics if you like. New rims and tires are on their way so these can go fast! Thanks for looking. Best to email if you are interested....vectra28@yahoo.com

wheels.jpg
http://www.itctel.com/~cdorothy/wheels.jpg

ZR1 Wheels

Finding aftermarket wheels for 84 thru 87 is becoming quite the challenge. Its is very limited to say the least. You can find high end wheels, Ken calls them jewelry for cars. I've been looking for something other than replica Vette wheels . Since i couldnt find anything less than $500 per wheel I checked on some Vette replica wheels. I decided on the polished z06 wheel in 18x9.5 and 18z10.5 . I called Custom Wheel Market in Cal. and wouldnt you know it? they just discontinued them for the 84 to 87 Vette. Well after much of the same elsewhere, I bought a set of ZR1 wheels , 17x9.5 and 17x11. Dont get me wrong Ilike them , I just didnt want the same ole same ole. Paid 844.99 with lugs centercaps and valve stems , free shipping. I hope the're ok:) Dave
Do they look good and ride good?Do you got a picture?

Do they look good and ride good?Do you got a picture?

Hey, Racer86y... This thread was last "active" in 2005. It might be a while before you hear back from these guys!

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom