Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When does the small fan turn on?

Jeff Henning

Corvette
98 Indy Pace Car
My main fan turns on at about 129 and cools it right down but the fan in front of the radiator never turned on while sitting in the garage.
Just curious??? :confused

Jeff

Jeff,

On my 88 the front fan turns on at 200 degrees and off at 180. I did put on a lower temperature switch (can't remember the exact term for the switch-having CRS at the moment). On mine this switch is screwed into the block on the drivers side. The back or main fan comes on either with the a/c on or at 230 degrees. If yours is coming on at 129 it's definitely early. I'm not sure if they made a change for 89 but I'm sure somebody here will have the correct answer for you.

Baldie88

Sorry I meant 229

Sorry Baldie, I meant 229. I think I will put in a lower temp sensor cause i don't like watching that number climb to 229 when I stop in traffic.
I guess I could just turn off the display. :)

Fan switch ordered

Thanks Vader,

I ordered a 200 deg fan switch. If that doesn't do the trick I'll ask another stupid question.

Thanks vader 86...you have gave me the answer I wanted...my main fan turns on at 227 and the aux fan hasent actually came as it hasent reached that temp. So which sensor actually is controlled by the ecm...the one in the front of the intake or the one between cyl. 6 & 8...also what is the sensor in the front of the intake marked 12 volt...40 watt...

ECM controls main fan function

A switch in the cylinder head leads to the aux fan.

Can you take a picture of this "other" sensor you keep refering too???? The only one I know of is the Coolant Temp Sensor where your saying there are two. If you live in high heat area like I do, wire both fans to come on at the same time to that new 200 temp sensor. You won't regret it.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom