Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where are you guys in DE & MD Buying Race Gas ?

John
you got me........... I got 5 gal a few weeks ago while I was at Cecil County dragstrip ($6.70/gal for 110!!) but looking for a location here in DE to get Cam 2.
Not sure it's going to help you though. Whenever I have to run over to NJ for anything I usually fill up with gas there (regular 93 octange pump gas - not Cam 2) as NJ is almost always cheaper on gas prices.

If I find out anyplace close to me with Cam 2 I'll let you know though.

just bought CAM 2 here in Maryland at Hob's Citgo on North Point Rd, just over the Key Bridge near Sparrow's Point - $6.00/gallon

all of the following also sell CAM 2:

there is a Sunoco at 8000 Loch Raven Blvd/Taylor Avenue in Baltimore

there is a Sunoco in Forest Hill, Md near Klein's Market - Dixon's is the name

there is a place in Fallston, but don't remember the name

there is a Sunoco in Westminster near the Purple Diner

there is a Sunoco in Frederick

there is a Sunoco in Hagerstown; also the track sells

Tony's Corvette Shop in Gaithersburg, MD

FYI - also, check out Sunoco's website - there is an 800 number you can call and you give them your address and they will tell you what is close to you; Citgo's website also lists an 800 number, I think

John
do you really need Cam 2 in your car?
My neighbor had a '67 L71 for 10 years until he sold it last summer and he ran on regular pump hi-test, no racing fuel.

Barry,

don't really need CAM 2 in LADY, but it smells SO GOOD and Lady seems to purr a little bit better, when I mix 5 gallons

FYI - drove Lady to work this morning at "N"o "S"uch "A"gency - sitting in as many parking spots as I could take up! (VBG)

Rick
I put 5 gal of 110 or 112 in (I forget which now but I think it was the 110) while I was at the dragstrip 2 weeks ago than finished filling up with 93 oct pump gas on the way home.
To be honest, I can't feel any difference.

My timing is set where it should be - 12º initial, 36º total (with vac can unhooked) with the stock original vacn can so I get 28º initial and 52º total with my vac, can hooked up.
Maybe to take advantage of the higher octane I'd need to bump my timing up to feel the difference but after it taking 2 years to finally get the distributor and timing set up right i'm not changing it!

BarryK said:
John
do you really need Cam 2 in your car?
My neighbor had a '67 L71 for 10 years until he sold it last summer and he ran on regular pump hi-test, no racing fuel.

Barry -- yep -- absolutely need it -- without it I have hard starting and dieseling.

John
I called a Sunoco distributor and there are a few places around here but the best they carry is the 100 actane leaded. No 110 or 112 in either leaded or unleaded.
for higher than the 100 it looks like you have to go down into MD by the dragstrip or call some of the places Rick mentioned and see what they carry.

If you want to buy a 55 gal drum to have it on hand the distrubtor may be willing to deliver whatever you want.........

I think there's Speed Shop in Kennett Square, PA that sells racing gas. Also, check with the guy at Atlantic Speed near Prices Corner - he'll know where to get it.

I'll try to get addresses and phone #'s when I get home

Bernie,
Atlantic Speed near Prices Corner annoys me :lol:

I got my holley rebuild kit from him without too much problem, took him about 2 or 3 days but than when I needed a few other Holley parts he got in parts that weren't the Holley ones I wanted than kept kept telling me the actual Holley ones were backordered........ I finally told him to cancel the order and I placed an order with JEGS online. Got the parts I needed in two days!
Besides that problem with him, overall that shop doesn't impress me in the least and he seems to only keep things in stock that are cosmetic enhancement crap like woodgrain trim items for dashes of ricer cars, "racerboy" bodywork kits, and rims more than real speed and performance type items for American cars.......

check some of your local airports - most of the small ones carry the fuel we need, or at least 100 unleaded, which sells here in MD for around $3.75/gal

FYI - Barry, definitely feel a difference in Lady, especially pulling from a dead stop

c5vetter said:
FYI - Barry, definitely feel a difference in Lady, especially pulling from a dead stop

hmmmmmm, wish I could on BABY, considering the low torgue I have at low rpms (L76 with 30-30 cam) and getting her off the line from a stop - I could use all the improvement I can get!

I'd consider even trying to mix more than 5 gal in a tankful at a time and bumping up the timing a bit higher to see if that would make a difference except for the fact that the racing fuel is so expensive and the distance I'd have to travel just to get it.
Oh well....... with the timing where is is now it's "correct" and she doesn't ping or cause me problems with 93 pump gas so I'll leave her be and just live with the characteristic low power and torque at low rpms that the L76 motor inherently has. once she hits about 3500rpm's though she really opens up!

so, Barry, you got the "hi-rpm" miss fixed with changing the plugs!?

c5vetter said:
so, Barry, you got the "hi-rpm" miss fixed with changing the plugs!?

YEP! :)
I'm happy to say the new non-resistor plugs seems to have done the trick.

I only got the one test drive in last week or so when I first got the new plugs in than we started getting all this rain. Didn't get a chance to try her out again until yesterday but I got her out for some driving yesterday and today and she is running great - nice and strong and no missing at all right up to the redline. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom