Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to buy carpet sections??

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
My 67 Coupe has the original dated carpet and is in good shape. During the restoration process, I had to remove the carpet from the bulkhead just behind the seats. It was glued down and came off in pieces. I see most parts houses sell sets or 1/2 sets. All I need is just this one piece. Anyone have any idea where I can get just this one section of carpet?? Thanks, Kurt

Kurt,

I would think that Al Knoch would sell you individual pieces, but I wouldn't bet on it matching perfectly. I would never replace one piece of carpet that touches another piece, the potential for mis-match is too great.

Regards, John McGraw

John Mcgraw said:
Kurt,

I would think that Al Knoch would sell you individual pieces, but I wouldn't bet on it matching perfectly. I would never replace one piece of carpet that touches another piece, the potential for mis-match is too great.
Regards, John McGraw

i agree
carpet is dyed the color in big batches. You will probably never match exactly when buying carpet from different batches of the same color as there will be slight differences and especially when buying new carpet and trying to get it to match to original carpet that is now almost 40 years old and has aged and somewhat faded.

I agree with the matching issue. Being the piece just behind the seat, not much will be seen. I plan on hitting the carpet with some dye anyway.. Just hate to scrap the original carpet when it is in good shape.. I will try Knoch. Thanks, Kurt P.S. John, The body is on the frame and going together real nice...

kobi67 said:
My 67 Coupe has the original dated carpet and is in good shape. During the restoration process, I had to remove the carpet from the bulkhead just behind the seats. It was glued down and came off in pieces. I see most parts houses sell sets or 1/2 sets. All I need is just this one piece. Anyone have any idea where I can get just this one section of carpet?? Thanks, Kurt

I just replaced all of mine last month.

It was not a fun job...but it sure looks much better!!

Good luck.

The coupes have great lines don't they?

Pedro:w

Hi Kurt,
I am glad to see progress continuing on you car. I can't wait to see some pics. I still do not have the running gear completed on the 65, but now that the 59 is completely out of the way and I can concentrate on the 65, I hope to make some good progress.

Regards, John McGraw

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom