Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to buy good radiator

Atticus

need a new radiator for my 72,v8 350 4 speed.Anything special i should look out for,any good vendor reccomendations?
One i pulled out was aluminum,this car has only 73k miles and is all original.I don't really want to spend the dollars for an original replacement,looks like they are around $1k,the direct replacements i have been looking at range from 300 - 500 dollars,the higher amount was from dewitts,who look like a fairly professional company.

any advice? thx

Have your original cleaned/recored. If that's not an option, you need to go slowly and ensure whatever replacement you purchase will adequately cool the car. All the aftermarket providers carry replacements.
:)

Thx for the info.I called dewitts today and was impressed with their knowledge and i let them talk me into buying a new one. :L

http://www.radiatorbarn.com

I'm literally going out into the garage right now install a new I got today for my Jeep.

Great price and it was on my doorstep 36hrs after I ordered it. They get my recommendation and any future business.

Best of luck with your '72.
:beer

Beyond question.. Dewitts.

Just replaced the original in my 72 BB with a Dewitt's Direct Fit. Temps now run 180-190 consistantly at 80 MPH. Great product. Even around town I can't get to 200 degrees.

Ken

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom