Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which size Mirror did my 75 Vette Come With>?

longdillon1

Corvette
1975 Red Corvette Coupe
Hello, My vette came with only the driver side mirror in the box. I am unsure if it is original. Also I cannot find holes for a mirror on the passenger side? Did my vette only come with drivers side mirrors? Any suggestions?
Thanks

My 76 came only with the driver side mirror, there is a stock passenger side that you can purchase and install, or like me , put the sport mirrors on.

What is a sport mirror?
thanks

I drove this 1979 for 17 years. A sport mirror is shown.

corvettepics010.jpg

october015-1.jpg

Where can I find some sport mirrors?
Thanks

You can get them from a salvage yard that specializes in Vettes or from either Eckler's or Mid America.

Not to block a sale but I would think about such a conversion. You have to cut a hole in the door panel to install the remote adjustment bezel. And I do not believe the 1975 door frames have the attachment points for the bezel screws. Just a thought.

doorpanelmirror-002.jpg

Your '75 probably only had a driver's side mirror -- possibly a large head as opposed to the smaller mirrors on the earlier cars. You can purchase a pair of new reproductions for minimal cost.

The sport mirrors will install on your car without too much effort, but they do not provide any additional rearward field of vision. I can see more from the chrome mirror on my '68 than I can from the sport mirrors on my '80. The chrome mirrors are a tad taller.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom