Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

White walls and letters

Corvette
1972 Coupe ZZ4 / 4 Speed
Here is a quick tip while i'm thinking about it.

I use "Clorox Soft Scrub with Bleech" to clean white letters and white walls. You put it on with a brush, then hose it off. Doesn't discolor the rubber either.

The soft scrub without bleech doesn't work very well though.

-Gooney0

P.S. Its a kitchen counter cleaner.

I use Wesley's BleachWhite. Use gloves though, as the stuff melts your skin! Anyways, spray it on, brush brush brush, hose it off. Works great for me!

EDIT: Yeah, like Gorgon says below...unless you have chrome (even if you do...) don't let it sit on your rims, especially if you have the 78-81 aluminum rims. I let it run over my '79 rims, and it acid-burned them. After crazy amounts of elbow grease, sore fingers, and aluminum polish, I eventually got it removed. I'm more careful now! Just adjust you spray nozzle so it only hits the tires, or spray it on a scrub brush first, then scrub the letters...

Another user of the Bleachwhite here. Works fantastic on the white, even use it to clean my tires normally as it really removes the grime from the tires. Just be careful getting it on paint or on your rims. It will do damage to more than just your skin. :eek

Leon

Westley's

Yeah, I use that too. Pretty good, but doesn't whiten ( is whiten a word?) as well as the clorox w/ bleech.

It does a great job of cleaning though.

-Gooney0

I use the Westleys too and had the same experience as Andre. I swear you could launch the shuttle with that stuff.:dance

Carlo

Re: Westley's

gooney0 said:
Yeah, I use that [Westley's] too. Pretty good, but doesn't whiten as well as the clorox w/ bleech.

So you still like the Soft Scrub w/Bleach better, eh? I'll have to try it then! Thanks for the tip!

well... yeah.. It really brings out the white. As for the black... I don't know if its better or not.

If worse comes to worse, you can use it in the kitchen :)

-Gooney0

Another Use for Soft Scrub...

I've just learned this summer that Soft Scrub does a fantastic job of really brightening my white vinyl top...who would have thought of that?! Anyway, I've used it several times, and there's no question that it really whitens it. The only thing...be sure to wet the top first, scrub with a brush and then rinse, rinse, and then rinse again after scrubbing as the diluted Soft Scrub can settle in all the cracks and crevices. I like it better than the conventional vinyl top cleaners.

GS Diva aka Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom