Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why I dig my ZR-1

• Thread starter Thread starter nrangerZR-1
  • Start date Start date
N

nrangerZR-1

It’s been kind of quiet here lately so I figured I would share an experience from the other evening that reminds me why I purchased my ZR-1.

I took my daughter out after dinner to get ice cream at a local ice cream shop a couple days ago. As we pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car, there was a group of four guys that walked in ahead of us. The last of the four held the door for me and my daughter. Before I even reached the entrance, he asked me what year my car was. I responded, “It’s a 91 ZR-1”. Which he replied, “Oh I know exactly what it is, and it is beautiful”. Well, for the next 15 minutes he peppered me with questions about condition, price, mileage, etc. It was obvious he had knowledge of “The King of the Hill” as he was the one that reminded me that that was the name given to the car. I know it is just a car, but it is nice to own something that is admired by others. Admired not because it is expensive or presents a status symbol, but simply because it is unique. He could appreciate the car not because it is a corvette, but because it is a very special corvette.

While my daughter and I finished our ice cream, I could overhear him describing the car to his buddies. As I left he gave me a nod…I of course nodded back.

As we walked to the car to go home, I realized that while we had been in the shop a couple of other corvettes had parked around me, the drivers of those apparently out for ice cream as well. There was a mint condition white 1980 or 81, and a brand new 2005 yellow vert parked a couple of spaces away. Three of the generations all gathered together by pure coincidence…

I really dig my car.

That's a very cool story! :cool I find it very rewarding when some one can see the car for what it truly is. A very fine example of engineering taken to the limit with the availble resourses at the time, and like any fine machine it endures. What do they say? Best of breed.

Of course I'm also biased! :D Tom

YES! I'm driving mine down to BG.:D Heck I even drove it in the rain this past weekend, twice, Sat & Sun. I went to Kerbeck's show and meet the man & shook his hand and thanked him for my ZR-1! What a thrill!

Okay I'm a noob and it shows. But this is great!!!

Cool Story..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom