Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Width measurement on ZR-1?

M&W's72vette

Corvette
Idaho's only twin turbo big block 72 vette
Hi, could anybody tell me the outside width measurements on both the front and rear tires on a ZR-1 and a grand sport? I have a 72 vette that I am doing a C-4 suspension conversion on and would like that info. I am going to run 335/35/18's on the back and 275/35/18's on the front and I dont want the tires to stick out past the stock location as I dont want to do the flare thing. I will have to move the rear frame section a few inches to get the tire clearance clearance I need and will probably have to narrow up the half shafts to suck the spindles in also. My suspension is dissassembled so its hard to get the dimensions off of them. I want to start looking for rims and need to figure out back spacing. The measurements dont need to be too exact, within half an inch would be fine.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

The ZR-1 uses the same rear suspension as a regular C4 with 6 speed only the body is wider..Both the GS and ZR-1 use 11-inch rear wheels I believe the ZR-1 wheel has a 36mm offset and the GS has a 50mm offset. I could have them backwards!! I’m sure if so someone will chime in. both use a 9.5 wheel in front.(GS vert has 8.5 front 9.5 rear)
ZR-1 Track, f/r 59.9/60.6 with a 96.2 wheelbase, overall width 73.1

So the 73.1 inches is how far it measures from the outside of the right rear tire to the outside of the left rear tire? That is the measurement that I am after, also would like the front measurement from outside to outside on the front tires.

Thanks,
Mike

Hey thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Mike

If you saw the last issue of Vette magazine you.,ll see the 69 ZL1 on the cover its running 315/35/17,s on the rear ...He used offset trailing arms not sure on the rim size ,but you can run 10inch with the offsets ....This is what I have planned for my 68 vette BB ...
Also no fender flares and it fits inside nice ...If you need a picture I can email you a few

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom