Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will a C6 Z06 rim fit a ZR1

1badzr1

Corvette
1990 ZR1 # 203 Red - CR1 Callaway Supernatural 490
Does anyone know if a 06 Z06 Rim will fit a Zr1. I have a chance to buy Fikes that were on a 06 Z06 at a great price but am not sure if they will fit. Are the back spacing the same? The rims are 20" by 11 in the rear and 19"10 in the front. Also is the bolt pattern the same for an 06 and a Zr1?

I figure someone should know.
Thanks
BR

You might be better off asking in the C6 Z06 forum, as they might know the offsets for their wheels? However, can the person tell you the offsets for them? The rears you would want to have the same ZR1 offset since they are 11" wide. A difference will move the wheel in or out. The ZR1 offset on rears is 36mm.

For the fronts, if they have the same offset as stock, then you'd have the tire stick in .25" more and out .25" more (since the wheel is .5" wider). To move all the extra width in, you'd want an offset that is stock + .25".

Just an aside, but 20" wheels will be a fair bit bigger than the stock wheels. You can't profile down the tires enough to make up for 3" more wheel, the ZR1 tires were already low profiled. That might not be a problem since we've no traction control, but you never know. It'd throw your speedo off I'd bet at the least.

What will you do with the A-molds on the car now? :)

Aurora40,

Thanks for the reply, Just found out the off set is different and they will be stuck inward about an inch. I was going to sell the amolds if the HRE's worked. I am looking into CCwheels now prehaps 19" all around. I had that set up on my 95ZR1 and it worked out.

Regards,
BR

Glad it was helpful. Do you have any picts of your previous set up?

Just an opinion, but two wheels that you might also consider are the OZ Mito's that Callaway sold as an option on CR-1's, and the magnesium Dymag wheels. The Dymags came in ZR-1 sizes for the Corvette Challenge (I believe) and were also used in 9.5" width on the Callaway TT cars. These are 17" wheels, though. The OZ's might have come in larger sizes, but probably not 19+", as they came out several years ago.

Aurora40

Do you know of or have a lead on where I could get my hands on a set of OZ Mito rims? Chris was kind enough to lead me to a set of grey Dymags but I was hoping to go up in a size, at least 18's.

Thanks
Ben

Erm, not really. You could try contacting Callaway to see if they still stock/sell them. Or if they have any contacts. I just think they are cool wheels, but don't know where you could buy them from. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom