Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Windshield Frame

78Ragtop

Corvette
1978 custom
Anyone know how tough it is to replace a C3 windshield frame? Can it be done without taking the clip off?

Mine was bent pretty bad when I bought it as a rollover, now that it's time to replace the windshield I want to get it a little closer than it's been for the past few years.. :) I don't know if I should try to straighten this one more or just replace it.

I can't help you with your question but I have to tell you, your car looks great!'

Pasquale

The w/s frame on my 69 was rebuit with new pillar posts, upper corners, and header bar. The guy who did it did not have to replace the lower corners, and therefore did not have to remove the front clip.

Chris

Here's a picture.

Pasquale, thanks for the compliment. I'm proud to say that all work was done by me - custom parts, all the way to the paint job. :)

Chris, how close to the top of the dash was the work done on yours? Mine is bent somewhere below the top of the dash.. Did the guy who did your work build the parts from scratch, or can I buy them? I was under the impressio the whole frame was one bolt-in piece.

Thanks for the input
Rob

All the work on my car was done above the dash. In the picture I posted, on the right side of the car, you can see the seam seperating the lower corner from the pillar post. The lower corners are the same, the posts, upper corners and header are new. These pieces are available from Corvette Central, but if you need all the way down through the door pillars, you may need to find a donor car, because I don't think the door pillars are available as new parts. In that case, I'd guess the front clip would have to come off, so that the job could be done right.

Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom