Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter in the North, what do you do??

L82 Shark

Corvette
1979 Red L-82
For those of us in the north what do you do when there is a foot or more of snow on the ground and any road trips are out of the question for at least 4-5 more months. :eyerole

Over here we have to wait for all of the road salts to work there way off the road. (usually the middle of May)

Keep it clean
:beer

vett boy

Corvette
2008 vert 6M silver
For those of us in the north what do you do when there is a foot or more of snow on the ground and any road trips are out of the question for at least 4-5 more months. :eyerole

Over here we have to wait for all of the road salts to work there way off the road. (usually the middle of May)

Keep it clean
:beer

I know your pain.My solution was to store my car at a self storage in Orlando and fly down once a month.

Looked up montana (it's not part of Canada :boogie)looks like ya could head for Vegas ,Phoenix or possibly Albuquerque.

Anyway it's only 109 days till April 1st

hdkeno

Corvette
2005 Victory Red coupe
Pretty much the same,wait until Spring.

Winter is starting too early here this year.

Ken

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com

I talk to all my friends on the :CAC and dream about the spring. ;)

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
I talk to all my friends on the :CAC and dream about the spring. ;)
A wise quote from a wise man - at least I got half of that right;LOL. I guess that makes me a wise ass.:boogie

Me, I just feel sorry for you frozen folks. We may get a foot or two over the entire winter but I can usually get out and have some fun as soon as a good rain washes out the most recent salt. However, when I still had the 71, she stayed cooped up end of December to early February.

- Eric:w

wishuwerehere82

Corvette
Red '82 Coupe,Sebring Silver '98 Coupe
I shovel the snow off the sidewalk and porch for my 81 year old neighbor in exchange for keeping my 82 in her garage all winter. And I look at my 98 in my garage every time I go outside to get firewood for the woodstove.
Sometimes I go out and sit in it to reassure her that it won't be long until we get back on the road together. She needs the support in the winter, and a good charge on the battery once a month.:)

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
Haven't you heard that we're not going to beable to say HO HO HO any more. You'll have to change your plate to HA HA HA.. Just ask Santa..

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
I spend money on car parts to be ready for spring .

After 18 mos of not driving the car and it sitting outside, now that its inside I think I will have lots of polishing and cleaning to do. At least now the car is in the heated half of the garage.

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
I spend money on car parts to be ready for spring.
Exactly!!! Christmas and Birthday are great times of the year to buy and receive Vette parts for spring projects. Anywho, I was station at Loring AFB, Maine and Malmstrom AFB, Montana during my ten years of service in the Air Force so I know a little bit about a long and cold winter...:eek:hnoes

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)

JJS

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2013 Triple Black GS, Previous cars: 1971 LT-1
My car goes into storage the 1st week of November and doesn't come back out until the end of March, early April. It all depends on how much sand and salt (and snow) is still on the roads. Time is spent updating the checklist for parts, etc as everyone else has said.

bill81vette

Corvette
1981 dark blue metallic
mine is in the garage covered up as well and wont be out till spring
meanwhile I get heavily involved in my work!!!!

MRANT212

Corvette
1988 35th ANNIV,1971 BRIDGEHAMPTON BLUE BB COUPE
My 71 will be going into storage for the winter shortly. I rent one of those overpriced units for a few months. My 88 is in my garage. Sometimes I am able to fire them up and go for a ride if the salt is washed away.....I still cant wait till spring again!!!

M

Myron Sleeva

In the summer, we drive our cars and make love.

In the winter, we don't drive our cars.

Corvette
08 VR Convertible 2014 TR Coupe
My car goes into storage the 1st week of November and doesn't come back out until the end of March, early April. It all depends on how much sand and salt (and snow) is still on the roads. Time is spent updating the checklist for parts, etc as everyone else has said.

Same here, put the vettes away in early November, cancelled part of the insurance, put the insurance back on the blazer equipped with a plow. Had to plow three times in the last 2 weeks and probably do so again this weekend. I drive 4X4s during the winter; they do much better in the snow than a C4 or C5.
And like 67 heaven, I dream a lot, and there is no snow or adverse weather in the dreams. Just great cruises with my fellow CACers.
Barrett

Glensgages

Corvette
Black '82 Coupe

chevy6673

Corvette
1973 Corvette ,1966 ss impala
well here in chgo,il i put cars away in november out in ,march ,april every few weeks go out seat in them.the longest few months of the year

M

mikeb

We dream of the warm summer time and all those car cruises. Not only that we have time to clean and wax the corvette and drink.

Koop

Corvette
YELLOW 69 modified GM Crate ZZ383, LS2 TBSS
Ackkkkk. Months without my Vette!

I'd go with "move south".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Top Bottom