Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter mods

napacruzerC5

Corvette
'01 TR M6, '07 MS A6
No I probably won't see snow in Napa but I wanna mod this winter away.

Currently: 01 Coupe M6 F45 with B&B PRT catbacks, K&N filter with zip tie mod (open air box), repro Z06 wheels with Kumho MX tires. Good street handler; can't put the power down most autocross courses.

Solutions: repro Z06 wheels are about 25-lbs heavier each corner than the stock thin spokes. I'll keep the repros for street bling but return to the OEM wheels hopefully with racier rubber (Hoosiers, Victors, Yokohamas).

Replace stock sway bars with C6 Z51 sways. Other possibilities were C5 or C6 Z06 sways but got good deal and good recommendations on C6 Z51 sways. Not ready to dump the F45 shocks; lets see what I can do with the Z51 sways and better tires and wheels.

And to keep my butt in the seat during cornering: Brey Krause harness bar with 5-poit harness.

And just because: Vortex Cold Air Intake for some underhood bling

Did Someone Mention Autocrossing?

Rhys,

Sounds like you know what you're doing when it comes to autocrossing.
I lived on the West Coast for many years and used to autocross at the
Alameda County Fair Grounds parking lot on Sundays. Was running a very
modified 1965 396cid Corvette at the time. Where do you do most of
your SCCA Solo II racing?
Remo:cool

2001499170103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

2001 Lingenfelter Convertible. T-1 Suspension, Bilstien Sports, Kooks
Headers, High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Borla Stingers. 457 RWHP, 404 RWTQ.

Remo,
How long ago were you on the West Coast? Haven't run SCCA since about '92-93 when we sold our SCCA BP '68 Roadster 350CI 4sp. Ran Solo regularly since late 70's with my highlight 1986 BP Solo II runner-up in Salina, KS. Still remember that last pylon I clipped which dropped me from 1st. Also 6th in A Mod in 83 (?) in an Alexis Formula B open wheeler. Wow that seems so long ago. Did you run with Larry Park, Manny Pretti, Ken Yoe, etc?

I try to run most of the Western States Corvette Council (WSCC) events presented by local Corvette council clubs. We ran Oakland Colissium this year and attracted over 140 vettes. Usually run Solano College (near Vallejo) and sometimes down to Marina Airport (near Carmel) usually with 60-80 vettes.

My C5 does not quite fit any SCCA Solo catagory. The vette of choice in SCCA is still the C5 Z06. Fortunately WSCC has a lightly modified C5 catagory. Just trying to keep my hand in and have FUN. Won't be driving the C5 to any CAC cruises anymore though. I'll reserve the long trips to my wife's C6.
Rhys

West Coast Days

Rhys - sent you a PM - Remo:cool

2209786100103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

You will enjoy the c6 z51 sways, had them on my 03 for half a season with stock springs and mag selective ride. The mx's were great after the first few runs and then got real slippery at the end of the year. Only solution is hoosier A6 for next season:D

The mx's were great after the first few runs and then got real slippery at the end of the year. Only solution is hoosier A6 for next season:D

Was that my problem with the MX's. Wondered why they got worse instead of better as they heated up. Hoo$iers for me too if I can pry the $$$ away from the bo$$.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom