Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Winter Storage - keeping tires raised

C

cbxturbo

I plan to store my c7 Z51 Nov through March. Can anyone tell me the proper place to position the 4 stands (or wood blocks) to allow the tires to be off the ground. I do not want them to "flat spot" by sitting on the same tire contact for 4 to 5 months. I do have the "lock in place" jack pads so I can safely jack the car.:W Thoughts please.....

Let the car just sit on all fours the way it was designed, the tires WILL be fine! Old glass belted and rayon cord tires would flat spot... I put mine to sleep this time every year, a clean body, Stabil in the gas tank, and a battery tender keeping things alive. Never have I raised the tires up, and NEVER have I had flat spots in the Spring!

:thumb

Let the car just sit on all fours the way it was designed, the tires WILL be fine! Old glass belted and rayon cord tires would flat spot... I put mine to sleep this time every year, a clean body, Stabil in the gas tank, and a battery tender keeping things alive. Never have I raised the tires up, and NEVER have I had flat spots in the Spring!

:thumb
Thanks for the reply!! Good info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom