Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wiper Motor

Space Cowboy

Corvette
1968 Convertible - Candy Apple - 427/475+
All,

I have a 68 with a wiper motor issue. I have a brand new wire harness, wiper motor (2nd), wiper switch (2nd), and horn relay. Although all wire diagrams show my wiring is correct, the wiper motor is not working. when the wiper is turned on, I hear a click from the wiper motor as if its getting power, but its not turning. Do any of you have any ideas or have had similar problems?

Thanks

I'm gonna ride shogun on this one since my 68 wipers dont work either, I suspect it might be the limit switch on the wiper door; one of these days I order a new one and try it.

I know with my 71, the Factory Service manual has a pretty decent troubleshooting section on the wipers. I'd look at a 68 manual and see if it offers you some troubleshooting guidance. I've found manuals on the Corvette Central web site.

All,
"... when the wiper is turned on, I hear a click from the wiper motor as if its getting power, but its not turning. Do any of you have any ideas or have had similar problems...?"
Thanks

You hear a clicking noise. Did you check out the windshield wiper solenoid? It's the one with a brown and black wire connected to it.

I no longer have my wiper door being that I have an L88 hood now. The wiper door connection (which is 2 wires.. black & brown on the passender side of the wiper motor) has been jumpered to make the system think that the door is open before the wipers engage.

You hear a clicking noise. Did you check out the windshield wiper solenoid? It's the one with a brown and black wire connected to it.

The black & brown wires I believe lead to the solenoid you have mentioned. I have jumpered those wired together so the solenoid should always be active as mentioned in my earlier post. You posted just as I was posting :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom