Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

World's Ultimate C3

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Some of you may or may not have seen this guy before. He and I have shared notes and bounced a few ideas off each other for our C3 projects. This car is becoming something of a legend and has yet to be fired up.

I really hope he brings it to some of the 50th anniversary shows.

Can you imagine trying to hold 1,500 hsp on the ground?

I am also working off of his wheel bolt spacing/off sets and sizes to get a good fit for my car.

Steven Kamis, Project Insane Asylum

Right out of the blue, everything I ever wanted to do with a C3 seems very lacking now.. :(

damn that's a car....

Thanks for the remider Chris. I found the page a few months ago and read through everything he had done, but kind of forgot abou it.

Looks like he's made some progess since I last checked in.

Jason:upthumbs

WOW

That's probably the most amazing thing I've seen. I couldn't leave the computer before I read every post and looked at every picture.

Chris, I'll definitely be checking up on it, but can you post when he had this beast on the road. I'd like to see a video clip on the dyno and track. Unbelievable :crazy

I'm still proud of my baby!!!

Steve seems like a really cool guy from what I gather from our e-mail discussions. No doubt, he has raised the bar above the stadium. He is doing some amazing things with that car. I don't expect everybody to like everything about the car, but you have to respect the hard work and dedication going into this thing.

It looked like he was going to dump the project at one time. I sure know the feeling.

Though I would do things differently, if it was my money, the idea is crazy enough to like. The blower just looks awesome. I think maybe he should contact owners of Porsche 917s or try to get a schematic of their fuel system design. These race cars had systems that had to supply 1200hp-1500hp engines, the latter being 917/30s. They were very thirsty engines however, which was their Achillies Heel. Something like 3mpg, I think. :eek

--Bullitt

WHOA!!!

I just book marked his site. I'm like, in la la land after staring at each and every photo. I mean, Chris, your project impressed the hell out of me, believe me it still does, and with NO offense to you, this guy is, I don't know, of course in a different league to say the least. I'll end it here before I start sounding too stupid.

Re: WHOA!!!

Rowdy1 said:
I just book marked his site. I'm like, in la la land after staring at each and every photo. I mean, Chris, your project impressed the hell out of me, believe me it still does, and with NO offense to you, this guy is, I don't know, of course in a different league to say the least. I'll end it here before I start sounding too stupid.

No, that's cool. No offense at all. At one time Steve reported the monthy cost to build this car around $10K. That is $10K a month! So, since I can't even get in the parking lot of that ball field, I won't even try to compete!

This is one of those......."you have seen it here first" type things. No doubt this car is going to grace the cover of nearly every vette related magazine in the industry.

EXACTLY!!!

From the day we're born, every day we get closer to the last day. It's up to each one of us to make the best of each day to get the most out of our time here on this earth. On our own level, very few of us will ever get our money back on our vette, especially those of us that choose to modify them. Some say a vette is an investment, I say it's what makes me happy. There's NOTHING that compares to driving my 62 and I think that's one of the greatest shared feelings in our family here at CAC. It's only money, you make some, you spend some. How you choose to spend it to make yourself happy is your choice, on any level.;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom