Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Would like opinions on wheel choices

vettl83

Corvette
91 L98 Quasar Blue, 91 ZR1 Red, 07 AO Coupe
I am changing wheels on the 91 from the sawblades to the A molds. The car is bright red and I don't know whether to go with black GS style or the silver. In my opion I think the black would give the car more of a sinister look. What do you guys think?

Personally, I like both types of wheels, but it depends upon the color of the car they are attached to. My ZR is red and I have the standard '94/'95 A-molds which I think look great. I've seen a red car with the black ones and I didn't think it looked that great.

The wheels are attractive and add to the overall appearance of the car. The brighter the color of the car, the harder for the details of the black wheels to appear. The darker the car, the better the black A-molds look.

I knew a guy that had a black '90 ZR-1 and he put the black A-molds on. It looked AWESOME! They look awesome on an Admiral Blue Corvette.....but on a brighter colored car, IMHO, I'm not crazy about them.

I have both the chrome and painted 5 spokes, I personally think the polished 5 spokes are the best choice. no chrome peeling (which can be a problem) and they look really great.

I am going to go with the CCW wheels and 18 pilot sports this time around, the wheels look great and the 18" tire sizes have more variety.

good luck!!

I think the A-molds look great in silver, I would like to have a set one day but I will always keep my saw blades

A-Mold's in silver look real nice. ;)

Thanks for all your input, I have seen pictures of all three wheel choices on the bright red Vettes. My conclusion is that there is no wrong choice here. All the cars looked great no matter what A molds were on them. Right now I am leaning towards the black I think they give the car that sinister look. Again thanks for the input. 84 CF 91 ZR-1

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom