Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB '79 Indiana License Plate

Greekman

Corvette
'67 327/350-'73 LS4-'76 L48-'79 L82
I am looking to buy an original passenger car 1979 Indiana state license plate with county code number 18 for Delaware County, Indiana.

Perfer Good to Excellent condition. Would perfer a set, but singles okay.

Thanks,

I wish I could help you with your search the the license plate, but I'm not sure where to look for one. What I'm curious about is the Delaware county part. I can drive about 5 minutes and I'm in Delaware County. Are you originally from around here???

No I am not from that area, but my '79 Corvette was first delievered in Selma and the first owner was registered as living in Muncie.

Do you know if that Chevrolet Dealership in Selma is still selling cars?

Thanks,

If U do a search under license plates there are many individuals with plates for sale. Also if u send me your address will forward it to a collector group. Also ck ebay under license plates Indiana.

It's been a while since I've been through Selma, but it's a small town and most small town dealerships have closed years ago. In Indiana, we only fun the rear plate, so I'm not sure if a pair of the same one is something that you will be able to find. I have no idea what license plates sell for. Do you have an idea of what you would be willing to spend if I was to come across one for you??

A single plate that is even better.

Depending on condition of course, anywhere from $5 to $20.

Thanks guy.

VanityBob

Yes, I did pick up a nice one last week on eBay and very resonable price too. It is in excellent condition.

I would still be interested if I could get the same deal on the same plate, but with the county code of 18 as the first numbers on the plate.

Have you seen one?

Thanks,

Put a feeler out. No replies yet.
Took me couple years to get one with 5860 on it. From anywhere. Finally got a 55 Mich and a 2003 Pa. Only two others anyone has claimed seeing. One 1935 or so from mid west. Not for sale.
One from a small country for $150. Looks like kindergarden kids painted it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom