Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wanted WTB: C7 Rims

Looking for a particular item to buy or trade, use this prefix to post your thread.

LT4CE

Corvette
1996 LT4 CE
I would like to buy these c7 rims for my C4. 2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-023.jpg I know we're waaayyy early in the process here, but does anyone know if Chevy or an aftermarket manufacturer will offer them in other Corvette wheel sizes?

You can bet there will be knockoffs as soon as they can be copied overseas.

You can bet there will be knockoffs as soon as they can be copied overseas.

Question is, will they be knocked off with backspacing to fit a C4. There's a place in California, "Factory Reproductions" which does some of the nicest knockoffs of OE wheels.

There are two different types of C7 wheels: 18 F/19 R for base and 19 F/20 R for Z51. I recommend the base 18/19 set up because a C4 is going to ride really harsh with 19s and 20s because the car's suspension was never designed for such low-profile tires.

All fronts are 8.5s and all rears are 10s.

In the rear, on a narrow body C4, getting the backspace right will be critical to having them fit without tire rub.

Also, OE wheels will be either pressure castings, spin castings or a mix of the two processes. Typically, people looking for repro knock off wheels are very cost concious so those wheels are usually just aluminum castings which means they'll be a lot heavier than OE wheels.

if you buy really cheap knockoffs don't be surprised if they have runout and leaks. "Good" knockoffs will at least be true and not leak.

Lastly, what tires to put on those C7 knockoffs?

I recommend the OE C7 tire package of Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZPs front and rear.

Last edited:
Question is, will they be knocked off with backspacing to fit a C4. There's a place in California, "Factory Reproductions" which does some of the nicest knockoffs of OE wheels.

There are two different types of C7 wheels: 18 F/19 R for base and 19 F/20 R for Z51. I recommend the base 18/19 set up because a C4 is going to ride really harsh with 19s and 20s because the car's suspension was never designed for such low-profile tires.

All fronts are 8.5s and all rears are 10s.

In the rear, on a narrow body C4, getting the backspace right will be critical to having them fit without tire rub.

Also, OE wheels will be either pressure castings, spin castings or a mix of the two processes. Typically, people looking for repro knock off wheels are very cost concious so those wheels are usually just aluminum castings which means they'll be a lot heavier than OE wheels.

if you buy really cheap knockoffs don't be surprised if they have runout and leaks. "Good" knockoffs will at least be true and not leak.

Lastly, what tires to put on those C7 knockoffs?

I recommend the OE C7 tire package of Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZPs front and rear.

Thanks for the good info, Hib. I'm sure I would not want to go with 19/20 setup at all. I hate the profile of vehicles designed for smaller wheels that are riding on those big wheels with the thin tires. I actually usually laugh to myself when I see something like that.

Ideally, I'd like to find wheels that are the same size as what I have on my Vette now, which is the 17's. But I would consider the 18/19 setup, if it was my only option for those style wheels.

Hopefully I wouldn't be too cost conscious about what I buy. I don't do a lot to my Vette in terms of customization, but I try to do it right when I do. Also, I do not want to add weight, so I'd probably skip it, if that were unavoidable with knockoff wheels.

So much for wanting to keep my Vette looking as stock as possible... there's just something about those wheels that I really like!

Last edited:
If you go with different size wheels front and rear, consider that the C4 anti-lock brakes and traction control programs expect the tires to be the same diameter front and rear. You'll need 18" front tires and 19" rear tires with the same diameter or you'll need some serious reprogramming of the anti-lock braking system and the traction control.

If you go with different size wheels front and rear, consider that the C4 anti-lock brakes and traction control programs expect the tires to be the same diameter front and rear. You'll need 18" front tires and 19" rear tires with the same diameter or you'll need some serious reprogramming of the anti-lock braking system and the traction control.

Thanks Tuna, that's some good info. Ideally I could find wheels the same size as stock for my C4, but I'm certainly not counting on it. So if I do go for different size(s), this is the type of info I'll need! :thanks:

Also remember that the C4 tires provide a lot, if not most, of what little compliance the C4 suspension provides. I drove a C4 track car with modified C5 wheels and low profile rubber, and it was brutal. I couldn't get good lap times because the tires were never on the track. You can imagine the ride.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom