Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Yesterday-- chime... chime... chime... DIC Codes !

5thgeneration

While driving through town yesterday I was greeted with DIC display of SERVICE ABS--SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING--SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL. I cleared the codes and they came right back !! They are C1232 H, B0502 HC, B0507 HC, and B2482 HC Car is a '02 with 3,000 miles on it. Anyone else have this problem ? Thanks ! Nick

Hi there,
There is no correlation in the B codes listed here.
Your concern must be based on the c1232, which shows you an intermittant short circuit in the left front wheel speed sensor circuit.
There have been alot of occurances of wiring harnesses in the front of c5 breaking, due to flex in the harness. Many people shotgun replacement of the sensor hub itself, however, this should NOT be an option.
Normally, a sharp bump, or excessive suspension travel causes the open circuit, and thus the ABS system code.
So, if the circuit is tested while someone moves the harness, this should show the open.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

Thanks for the info ! Car goes in tomorrow 5/27 at 9am and of course I'am going to wait on it. It should be interesting to see what they come up with. I'll post results then.

greg said:
I know it will cost $1100 to fix it!
Hm, well, honestly, the harness is $43, and it should take an hour to diagnose and install.
The 1100 should be for the entire sensor.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

I understand that the B codes are for lighting, specifically the first two I listed were for the left and right DRL's and the third was for the backup lamps. I had removed the approach lights fuse to save on the durability of the lamps, but I had no Idea this would set a code ! But why the backups as well ? Anyway I replaced the fuse and cleared the "B" codes. So I will see if they come back on the way to the dealer today.

Well I returned from the dealer and you were right ! They have to replace the driver side sensor and harness. They said that it will take 5 hours !!?? to repace the harness because "it is very tight in there" I would rather they take their time with it anyway. Since I'am getting a loaner it's no biggie. Thanks for all the info !! Nick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom