Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

YESZREE is BACK!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter YESZREE
  • Start date Start date
Y

YESZREE

YESZREE is BACK!!! AGAIN!

I'm back!:J

Sorry to say that I did not obtain locobobs car. His car is a great prospect but I got cold feet during my decision making process and decided to go in another direction.

It is in no way the fault of the car or locobob. Bob was honest and forthright concerning his vehicle.

I simply decided to spend some additional money and go with a under 20k mileage car.

I have found that car and getting ready to fly to Indiana to pick it up. This one I'm going to drive home with a stop in the "Big Easy" to see my family.

This new car is Quasar Blue with Saddle interior, 5 spoke ZR-1 wheels with Pirelli 7000 tires (less than 600 miles) with the original wheels and tires also. The rear gear is a 4:09, the exhaust is Jeal headers with 3" stainless exhaust (by Jeal), a Jeal chip. The car also has the original exhaust avaliable and the original 3:45 gear.

This car is a 10 in paint and a 10 interior. The owner is selling due to a house that he is building.

Again, if you are looking for a ZR-1 with some mods and a great looking motor, look into locobobs car. It a very nice car, but I wished to go into another direction.

Ed

Congrats!

That sure didn't take long at all! I'm glad you'll be back in the driver's seat soon.
Heidi :w

I see you got locobobs car congrats!:beer

phrogs said:
I see you got locobobs car congrats!:beer

That's right. He seems to be a very nice guy with the right amount of ZR-1 experiance. I feel tha he has been honest with me throughout.

so about this 415 build can you go into more depth on it..
could I buy the parts I need from you guys?
I know your not that far but maybe some time we can talk about it..

Id like to build it myself..

johnny

congrads! i think i've seen that car for sale on another forum. looks like a strong runner!

phrogs said:
so about this 415 build can you go into more depth on it..
could I buy the parts I need from you guys?
I know your not that far but maybe some time we can talk about it..

Id like to build it myself..

johnny

Yes we have the parts. We can do it or you can do it, doesn't matter. Hoever there is considerable machine work to produce the 415. The 368 is much cheaper as far as parts and little machine work.

But it can happen. We have just finished the Hemi for our super gas car and it is developing 1350hp on the dyno. Motor only with a carburator no less.

The LT5 is not the big mystery everyone thinks it is. It's just unique to Corvette owners. The Indy car world and the Euros have used that technology for years and still use it. It is a very efficient design. But NOT a mystery that demands outrageous pricing to develop.

Boy that should stir up the market!

YESZREE said:
Yes we have the parts. We can do it or you can do it, doesn't matter. Hoever there is considerable machine work to produce the 415. The 368 is much cheaper as far as parts and little machine work.

The LT5 is not the big mystery everyone thinks it is. It's just unique to Corvette owners. The Indy car world and the Euros have used that technology for years and still use it. It is a very efficient design. But NOT a mystery that demands outrageous pricing to develop.

i agree it's the word CORVETTE that demands the big money and when most will pay the price they will keep asking the price. what is it like 30k for this mod? personally i think it's rediculous to pay that price for 65 more cubic inches and 200 more hp but man it would be nice if i had the money to do it :D

YESZREE said:

I know the LT5 is not that hard to work on **** if I could get a set of tools for the motor I could go and make my own, spent my first 4 years in the marine corps as a machinist! :gap

im not sure exactly what goes into building the 415 but maybe someday
I have had my motor broken down shotgun style so its no problem for me in that area..
Id have to get the cams done because i dont have the equipment to do them myself..

I dont know whenever you get around to it shot me some info on it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom