Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Exhaust Swap

J

jrizz1

I was planning to put the Corsa Pace Car mufflers on my 2000 to give it a louder sound. I have found a pair of slightly used 2003 Z06 mufflers for sale. Will this system give a noticably louder tone to a stock car? The Z06 set will cost about $350. Also, is the X pipe really needed for an everyday driver?

c5y2k

Corvette
2000 Nassau Blue Vert
I have the corsa touring on mine and I would consider them louder and deeper than the stock Z06 exhaust. The pace cars will be louder than the touring for sure.

jrose7004

Corvette
10 Grand Sport Coupe
The ZO6 exhaust will sound a little bit better than stock but not enough to warrant the expense IMHO. I went with a the Corsa Pace Car setup with a X-Pipe and got the kind of sound I was looking for. The ZO6 exhaust will save you weight but that's about all.

Roc

Corvette
2002 coupe, 2006 Z06
I recently put on the Corsa Pace Car exhaust on my 02 without a crossover pipe. As revs go higher sound is great but there is no resonance when cruising at highway speeds under 2k turns.

I don't think the C5 Z06 exhaust is going to make a significant difference in sound from your stock one, but exhaust sound is a very personal taste.

ROCKnROLL

Corvette
98 A4 Coupe Sebring Silver
Let's just say anything sounds better then the stock exhaust.
Like jrose7004 said, the Z06 exhaust is much lighter.
I replaced the stock exhaust on my 98 with the Z06 exhaust and I like it. I wasn't looking for loud, just a little more rumble.
As Roc pointed out, everybody has different tastes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom