Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 lays down 453rwhp on the dyno

*89x2*

At Carlisle on Friday, Callaway Cars ran a couple cars on the (chassis) dyno. The first car to be run, was the brand new (16 miles) Corvette C6 - it put down 348hp @6500 rpm & 348 tque @ 4500 rpm :eek That is better than a bone stock 2004 Z06 :eek

Speaking of Z06's, in the current issue of CORVETTE ENTHUSIAST magazine, the article on the Callaway Z06 showcased their new Power Groups and the Z06 they were installed upon. That car was also at Carlisle and was put on the Chassis Dyno - The results...

A whopping 453hp & 452 Tque :eek Well OVER 500 hp at the crank!!!

The first car mentioned, the C6, is Callaway Cars new program car in conjuction with Carlisle Productions for a 10 second street car, and some other design , power, and styling goals - This is shaping up to become an exciting year with them setting the benchmark to be guaged by :upthumbs

frontpg_left.jpg

As much as I hate to say it Im kinda disapointed in what the C6 dynos at. I was expecting more from a 368 mill.

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
As much as I hate to say it Im kinda disapointed in what the C6 dynos at. I was expecting more from a 368 mill.
Kevin, I bet that new C6 picks up a few ponies over the next few weeks - it was a brand new car, 16 miles, and I suspect it will get 10-15 more ponies as it "loosens up" - It was awfully quiet though ;)

Even if it picks up 10-15 it's still lower then i was hoping for.

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
I would think that the engineering guys did other adjustments like suspension and the transmission along with the aerodynamics for improved performance. More HP is the easiest way to make a car go faster but there are other ways, though I think those other ways are more expensive!

Damn, 453rwhp? I can't be letting a C5 Z06 beat out my B2k. Im down by 28hp...but up by 123rwtq :D :D

Must...have...more...power.......:bu

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom