Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Luggage capacity??

RHP

Corvette
2004 Z06 Vortech SC & other mods
Hello to all-

I am flying to another state to buy a 2004 Z06. My wife wants to know how big a suitcase she can bring. Anybody know the interior deminsions of the luggage area? (This Z06 has the divider in.) The specs say "13.3 cu ft", but my wife wants to translate that into WxHxL.

Bless her heart for suggesting I "go for it" with the purchase!:D

Thanks! Roger

the opening is 20X37

the compartment is 37 deep front to back 46 wide
and its 11 inches from the floor to the bottom of the back window, if your qsed to a older vette, it's huge!
we just spent a month on the road!

I was gonna jump on here and say, "WTF, who cares!";) But when the wife gives you a "Go for it," you can at least tell her how much junk she can bring along for the ride. Congrats on the Z, you're in the BIG leagues now!!

BTW: Time to come up with something nice for "The Better Half"!!;worship

RHP,

Welcome to the CAC and congratulations!
Tell her she can bring a GREAT BIG suitcase... there's plenty of room in there!

Tammy

RHP said:
Hello to all-

I am flying to another state to buy a 2004 Z06. My wife wants to know how big a suitcase she can bring. Anybody know the interior deminsions of the luggage area? (This Z06 has the divider in.) The specs say "13.3 cu ft", but my wife wants to translate that into WxHxL.

Bless her heart for suggesting I "go for it" with the purchase!:D

Thanks! Roger

Suitcases? who needs suitcases, just buy new digs during the trip. Throw the dirty ones away:D. I have a big gym bag I carry plus my briefcase and still have room. If you take one of the monster suitcases you may have a little trouble. When you get back from the trip you can tell us how many kills you had along the way:).

H.D.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

It has way more luggage space than I expected!
The Z06 turned out to be excellent and the ride back to the Seattle area from Phoenix was fantastic. We missed almost all the bad weather on the way back. I got to drive the "twisties" along Hwy 101.....what a rush in this vette! A great way to get to know the Z06.:Steer

My new ride is a 2004 Z06, black on black, Vortech SC and after-cooler, injectors, fuel pump, Hurst shifter and frame savers all by Andy of A&A in the LA area. This bad boy is quick, probably the quickest car I've ever been in let alone drive! :D

Just read the mods on the car you just picked up! Holly crap!

Glad you enjoyed the ride home!

RHP said:
My new ride is a 2004 Z06, black on black, Vortech SC and after-cooler, injectors, fuel pump, Hurst shifter and frame savers all by Andy of A&A in the LA area. This bad boy is quick, probably the quickest car I've ever been in let alone drive! :D

WOW. Supercharged? I'll bet it IS quick. Congrats again. Post some pics!

RHP said:

Hey, another Vortech guy! Mine's in the shop now getting a T-trim upgrade. Also going for a set of duel spring AFR heads and a lower CR. More boost on the way!! Post some pics, I'd love to see it! If you have any problems with it, let me know. I've been through most of the pit falls of the Vortech. The biggest issue they have is serpentine belt failure. I've been through quite a few. If the belt goes, you have to remove the head unit to replace it. Watch getting into the rev limiter too hard, that's when it'll come apart. You get oscillation in the tensioner and it'll jump over the fence on a pulley.

Take it easy with it until you get used to it. First gear lasts about two seconds, you have to learn to drive all over again. Congrats and stay safe!

Here's mine:
3428%3B%3A6323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235587%3B%3B94%3Bot1lsi

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom