Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Magazines: Do any Exist?

Z06ADCT

Corvette
2003 Z06, 50th anniv, Millenium Yellow
Are there any magazines that primarily cover Z06 Corvettes? I expect not, but if not, I would like recommendations on good Corvette Magazines. Which ones are good, which ones should I avoid. With Christmas coming up, I am thinking I can ask for a couple of magazine subscriptions. What is your favorite and why?

Thanks,

Craig

I've never heard of any Z06-only mags.
All I get is Corvette Quarterly, and that's because it was a free subscription.
Regrettably, I don't spend enough time reading the magazines to offer any critiques.

MsSchroder said:
I've never heard of any Z06-only mags.
All I get is Corvette Quarterly, and that's because it was a free subscription.
Regrettably, I don't spend enough time reading the magazines to offer any critiques.
I found Corvette Quarterly information online. Regular subscription price, but only four issues. How do you like CQ?; at least the parts you have read?

Craig

I like CQ pretty well. Of course, if you're looking for unbiased opinion you won't find it there ;)
PM me with your snail address and I'll send you some back issues to evaluate. If I can find 'em :)

Tammy

Corvette Magazine is by far the best, in my view. Corvette Enthusiast is next, then Vette and Corvette Fever are down a full notch. I subscribe to them all, and have for years (except Corvette Magazine, which is relatively new). Just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth. I have never seen any Z06 magazines.

DRTH VTR said:
Corvette Magazine is by far the best, in my view. Corvette Enthusiast is next, then Vette and Corvette Fever are down a full notch. I subscribe to them all, and have for years (except Corvette Magazine, which is relatively new). Just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth. I have never seen any Z06 magazines.
Thanks! I did find and buy a Vette mag from the news stand, and it seemed ok. I will definitely check out Corvette magazine. Why is it better? Better articles, pictures, ads?

Craig

MsSchroder said:
I like CQ pretty well. Of course, if you're looking for unbiased opinion you won't find it there ;)
PM me with your snail address and I'll send you some back issues to evaluate. If I can find 'em :)

Tammy
PM sent. How did you get a free subscription?

Craig

Z06ADCT said:
Thanks! I did find and buy a Vette mag from the news stand, and it seemed ok. I will definitely check out Corvette magazine. Why is it better? Better articles, pictures, ads?

Craig
The better magazine outlets where I live have Corvette Magazine (both words in the title). Both Borders and Barnes & Noble have it in Boise. I like it because of the better production values, better information, the "ask a tech nerd" section, history, etc, etc. The Vette and Corvette Fever have too many "Firemen and Corvettes" or "Babes and Corvettes" or coverage of this car show or that car show. I don't care about that stuff. Corvette Enthusiast used to be Corvette Car and Parts. It has undergone a change in editorial direction, and has taken over second place in terms of quality and information. Others may feel diffently, but that is my opinion.

Z06ADCT said:
PM sent. How did you get a free subscription?

Craig
I can't remember... I don't remember if I filled out some complimentary offer, or if it just started arriving after I bought my 02.

Anyway, I dug around and all I could come up with was Summer 04 issue. I'm putting it in the mailbox now. I think the Mr. cleaned house, although he denies it :L

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
I can't remember... I don't remember if I filled out some complimentary offer, or if it just started arriving after I bought my 02.

Anyway, I dug around and all I could come up with was Summer 04 issue. I'm putting it in the mailbox now. I think the Mr. cleaned house, although he denies it :L

Tammy
Thanks again Tammy!

Craig

MsSchroder said:

Tammy
Tammy,

I received the Magazine. It is nice. Thank you so much. No good deed will go unrewarded. I firmly believe in the "Pay it Forward" Philosophy. if you want me to send it back, just let me know as I have your return address on the envelope.

Thanks again!,

Craig

You're welcome, Craig, and no, definitely don't send it back! I've got too much clutter already :)

I wish I could have found the big C6 issue... that was a good one.

Tammy :w

Craig,

I've found Corvette Magazine to have more articles of interest for those of us that own later models of Vettes, with less of the "club newsletter" format that a lot of the others have. I guess until we get an older model Vette we don't have as much interest in the how-to articles that deal with fixing those models up, either. I'm not belittliing the older models--I just know where the focus of your (& my own) interest lies.

As for the magazine, I've found it at Barnes & Noble, and even at my local Ralph's Supermarket...
:beer

Scott

S-TEE said:
Craig,

I've found Corvette Magazine to have more articles of interest for those of us that own later models of Vettes, with less of the "club newsletter" format that a lot of the others have. I guess until we get an older model Vette we don't have as much interest in the how-to articles that deal with fixing those models up, either. I'm not belittliing the older models--I just know where the focus of your (& my own) interest lies.

As for the magazine, I've found it at Barnes & Noble, and even at my local Ralph's Supermarket...
:beer

Scott
Thanks Scott. It was nice seeing you at the Ricky & Ronnies Cruise last night. I apologize for not getting a picture of you and your car. I got pics of every one else. Next time! Check out the link in my signature for the pics.

Craig

Okay, I'm reviving this thead. All hands on deck, so to speak. :D

In my snail mail today was an offer to try a subscription to Corvette Magazine- full year at $16.

What are everyone's thoughts on this publication? Is it worth it? I get enough stuff I never read sent to me already (mostly catalogues.) I don't want to sign up for subscription to a magazine I'll never enjoy. So does anyone get this, and if so, what do you think of it?

Thanks!
-Patrick

Patrick,

I bought an issue of Corvette mAGAZINE OVER THE HOLIDAYS, AND THEN ACTUALLY RECEIVED THE SAME ONE AS A cHRISTMAS GIFT. Oops, Caps lock. Nonetheless, it seems to be pretty good and based on what others have said (covers newer vettes) I have ordered myself a subscription. I purchased mine at a Barnes and Noble bookstore.

Craig
CORed91 said:
Okay, I'm reviving this thead. All hands on deck, so to speak. :D

In my snail mail today was an offer to try a subscription to Corvette Magazine- full year at $16.

What are everyone's thoughts on this publication? Is it worth it? I get enough stuff I never read sent to me already (mostly catalogues.) I don't want to sign up for subscription to a magazine I'll never enjoy. So does anyone get this, and if so, what do you think of it?

Thanks!
-Patrick

I subscribe to that one, Corvette Enthusiast, Vette, and Corvette Fever. Corvette Magazine is the best one, by far, hands down. It has good production values and carries the information that I want to read about. I don't care about "A Salute to Corvette Ladies" and that kind of thing often carried by Vette and Corvette Fever. Corvette Magazine has a long section called Ask the Corvette Nerd, has price guides, history, etc. Corvette Enthusiast is next best, in my opinion, then the other two are down a full notch.

Just one guy's opinion.
Jim

Corvette Magazine is from the same group that publishes Excellence Magazine (Porsche) which is the best in the world in my opinion. I am a new subscriber to Corvette Magazine and have been more than satisfied with their writings. They do not spend time on the loser years of the car, mostly the good years.

Mike Baskette said:
...They do not spend time on the loser years of the car, mostly the good years.

Hmm, you mean the Corvette actually had "loser" years? :D

-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom