Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Wheels on a C4

kfehling

Corvette
1996 Collector Edition
I am considering putting Z06 wheels on my '96 CE. I have grown little tire of the current look so thought that this upgrade would look nice. A couple of questions though. First, does anyone have pictures that they could share of a C4 with Z06 rims? Second, I thought about buying them on ebay as that looks the be the most economical way to go. However, they seem to be sold in sets of 17x9.5 or 17x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rears. My CE came from the factory with 17x8.5 up front and 17x9.5 in the rear, but I autocross with 17x9.5s all the way around. While I have not experienced anything untowards with these larger fronts (i.e. rubbing of fender wells), I am concerned that running the larger fronts all the time may present some undue stress on the front suspension. Should I be worried about these larger sizes up front? I thought that sticking with stock sizes would be better as I could just swap my tires and would not have to buy new ones. And finally, any opinions on the larger 18s in the rear? As the car already rides rough, I thought that decreasing the sidewalls by going to the 18s would just make the ride that much more harsh. Any thoughts would be appreciated and if anyone has some Z06 wheels or even the regular five spokes of the later C5s, let me know how much you would need for them. I would rather buy them from someone "in the club" than ebay.:)

Wheels for C-4

I too have been searching for wheels for my C-4, I have been looking for months now. Wheels are a very important item for a car in my opinion, they can make or break the looks of a car. Corvettes have a limited # of styles aval. There was one site I found through Corv. act. center links that had pictures of C-4's with lot's of other wheels on them.

Here are some pic.s of a C-4 with Z06 wheels I found on the net, http://www.jdhcon.com/Wheels/wheels.htm
This guy tells of his hunt to find wheels.

The best C-4 wheels are at:
http://www.exoticmuscle.com/webpage.php?EMCAT=vette&MENU=wheels

The cheapest place I've found Z06 wheels:
http://www.atlanticwheels.com/wheel_replicas.htm

The most wheel options, for cheap prices:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

Good luck my friend!

Thanks for the great info. I have found that most wheels don't look to good on Vettes. I love the HREs but they are SO expensive.:eek When I finally decide and get something, I will post some pics. Thanks again.

Here is a pic of my C4 with C5 wheels and C5 Calipers. Just to give you a different look...BTW, i paid 1200.00 on ebay for these factory polished wheels..

something extra to consider.

check out.

www.hvydeez.com

These guys will put a wheel together for you at any offset you want to that you not only have a ultra hot rim, but it will be a tad different than the pack and make your car really stand out.

Great people to deal with and great prices on package deals.

Ask for Lynn or Dave.

I put Chrome Z06 wheels on my 92 last year I really like them 17X9.5 all around I got them at discount tire just my 2 cents.

RLD92 said:
I do have pictures but I have no idea how to get them on the site sorry!

You can upload in the gallery section right here on the site. Just look up at the tabs above this message.

Go there, upload, and either copy paste the IMG URL into the forum text, or just copy paste the link to here and we can all take a look at those wheels.

Wow, they do look nice on C4s.:cool However, I have decided against them. I am racheting up my track events this year and have decided to throw the money for thewheels into these events. Keep the pics coming, though!

those c5 wheels look really nice on c4's.
i'm thinking of doing just the opposite.
i want to put the polished sawblades on my 98 coupe.
anyone have a pic with that setup?
anyone have any comments on that setup.
i'm like kfehling, i've grown a little tired of the spoke design.
you can see the rotor, the caliper, suspension parts and the inside of the wheel.
i don't know how it will look but sometimes you just gotta try it and see and if it doesn't look right i'll start over.

Wheels

I Finally Found the Perfect Wheels!!!!
I wrote in to this thread a while back to talk about my search for the perfect wheels, Well I FOUND THEM!!!! I Ordered some BBS RS Classic 3-piece Modular wheels. 17X11 and 17X9.5 These wheels were SOOO expensive new, I found a guy selling his for $1500, and I got him down to $1200. I'll have to post pictures after I get them. Here is some pictures of them.

Ryan,

I can't wait to see the pics. They are nice looking wheels!

They came!

Thanks kfehling, I love these wheels, they came in the mail today, They are like new! They look so good on my black vette! My tires come next week, 315/35/17!

I personally can't stand the way the Z06 wheel looks on a C4, but I'm not the one that needs to be happy with it. I like the 2000 C5 wheels much better. Too bad they don't come in 17x9.5, the last time i checked any ways.Go for what ever you like. :upthumbs

The 1996 factory Z51 option came with 17x9.5 at all four corners, so I'm not sure why you think there would be added stress. Should be fine.

I'd be concerned about the true height of the 18 inch wheels/tire combo. It could throw off your speedometer. You can have it re-calibrated though. Any decrease in side wall high will give a harder ride.

Keep in mind also there are less tire choices available in 18'. It's really not an issue if you have a money true growing in your backyard. You can buy the 18 inch Mich Pilot Sports and be done with it. :eyerole :L

Ryan 6speed,

Where did you find them at????
Please E-mail me with the info

Chris

96 wheels

HI I'm interested in a pair of 5 spoke gm 9.5 wheels if you have them for sale .It sounds like you will have at least 1 pair for sale .bob lt4.thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom