Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Windshield Question

Brian Deutsch

Corvette
2003 Z-06
I just got my 2003 Z06 back from the dealer. The car went in for a new rear view mirror (old one was loose and supposedly couldn't be tightened). When installing the new one, they cracked the windshield. It appears that the replacement windshield is not for the Z06 as it has an in-glass antenna across the top with a metal tab attached to nothing.

Any info on the differences between a standard C5 windshield and the Z06 part?

Any feedback regarding whether or not this would be acceptable to you, keeping in mind vehicle value.

I did appreciate the dealer's efforts, but I bought a Z06 because I liked the distinct differences (performance & appearance) between the models available, and I want to keep it that way.

Thanks for any input.

Brian

I’m not a Z06 owner, but I thought the Z06 had thinner glass (compared to the standard C5) all the way around to save weight.

As you already know, the standard C5 coupe does not have an antenna mast, the antenna is in the windshield. The Z06 has a fixed mast on the right rear quarter -- no motor on the antenna to save weight.

What I can say as far as vehicle value is; if I were going to upgrade to a Z06 from my LT4 and was considering your car for private sale, I would question the non-stock part and begin to wonder if the vehicle has other items that are in question... Was it in an accident, what else is not correct, etc. Having this question on my mind would make me consider another Z06 that is “correct”.

B17Crew
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom