Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZO6 final ride

texvette82

Corvette
1982 C.E.
Spotted this ZO6 this afternoon on its last drive in south Fort Worth.
Not sure if this was a result of the recent icy conditions here.

Junkie could buff that out...:chuckle
I was thinking the same thing, DRTH. :D

Sad to see one in that condition but it serves as a reminder to the rest of us that these beasts aren't indestructible.

:wJane Ann

Junkie could buff that out...:chuckle
Depending what the other side looks like,That car isn't hurt that bad!!:thumb
It takes allot to total a $40,000+ vehicle!! I don't see but about $8,300 in parts and $5-$6000 in labor!! Sorry!!:L:L:L

The chassis is really tough on these cars,and the damage is mostly cosmetic!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
Otr $500.
Splash Shield $100.
Wheel & Tire $1300.
Up/Control A $150.
Low/ Control A $200.
Spring $350.
Knuckle $150.
Axel $350.
Cradle $650. ?
Rocker $500.
Door $1000.
Lift Gate W/Glass $1400.
Bumper Cover $750.
Rear Body Tub $900. ?

Total Parts $8,300.
Labor Body&Mech $4,000.
Labor Paint $1400.
Paint and Matl $850.
Tax on Parts x7% $578.
I rounded all parts and labor to next $50 or $100 and this is at $55.00 a Flat Rate Hr.:thumb All that has a (?),May or May Not be damaged,But are added in!! Parts and Labor times are out of Mitchell Collision Estimating Manual!!

Total $15,128 +/- :thumb
Depending the year and milage,that may not even get it a 25% Damage Disclosure!!;shrug

I know of no mechanics in any industry that are only $55/hour. My local dealership is $97.50 and that's considered "reasonable."

I know of no mechanics in any industry that are only $55/hour. My local dealership is $97.50 and that's considered "reasonable."
;LOLIf you think the insurance co's pay an hour what you pay,Your purdy Naive!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
Around here (NC) the Insurance co's only pay $40.00/hr Body Shop,$55.00/hr Mechanical!!:thumb
Florida most places now is $48.00/Body, $65.00/ Mechanical,it varies some all over the country,but insurance co's don't pay what the customer pay Hr rate is!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
And yes,it's that way all over the country!! :beer

PS Our 2 local Chevy Dealers Customer pay Labor rate is $69.00/Flat Rate Hr and $72/ Flat Rate Hr!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom