Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Zr-1 Offset On C4, 335's/gs Flares?

Ryan6-speed

Corvette
1992 Black 6-spd coupe, 99 Black 6-spd Convertible
I have seen ZR-1 offset used on C4's with 335's, anyone have this setup? Or even 315's on the ZR-1 offset? How do you do this without trashing the outter fender?
What's the cheapest place to buy the GS flares?
What about GS Flares on the front? I've seen this done and it looked good.
I have some BBS RS classic 3-piece modular wheels off a ZR-1 coming in the mail, I'm wondering if anyone can help?
NEED PICTURES!!! PLEASE!!!:upthumbs :Steer :v

I think the GS flares would look great, havent seen the anywhere for sale. Got me looking now thoughl.

flares

I hear there are two kinds of flares, most are ABS plastic and some fiberglass that can be molded to the car, any one know any thing about this, pictures??

Heyspike said:
I think the GS flares would look great, havent seen the anywhere for sale. Got me looking now thoughl.

I think Mid-America sells them.

Jay

GS flares.......

Couldn't find them in Mid America catlg. I know I saw them last yr, so it may have been Ecklers?? I think they were $150 Ea. But they looked good. I'll see if I can locate that catalog.

Priced out the GS flares at the Chevy dealer a couple of months back they were 129.00 a copy. 84 CF 91 ZR-1

GS wheels on RP C4s....

I didn't know the fender flares were still available at Chevy dealers. I may add them to my '94, if I decide to go w/GS wheels. Just read about differing offset dimensions on aftermarket wheels and I must do more research before ordering wheels. I was considering adding a few subtle custom features to my car- similar to Mike Yager's 'Last C4' at his Mid America museum in Illinios. When I 1st read about this car in Mike Antonik's CorVette Specs book I thought it looked great with the GS flares as well as the red hash marks on his white w/red car. He also mounted the 11" + 9.5" GS wheels done in white to match the car. But I was disappointed to learn this car was not an LT4! I had assumed it came from the factory with the ultimate development of the original small block, but it's an LT1. It still looks great though. I wonder who has the last C4 LT4?

Cheapest GS flare prices.

Okay all here is a little insider info, The cheapest GS flares I've found out are as follows:

For the fiberglass ones: Richard's Corvette his # is (843)761-6555 ask for Richard...$150 includes shipping, fiberglass.

For the GM ABS plastic ones: Call Jeff Kopp 1-800-728-8267, $160

Your welcome!

Ryan:cool

Would I need the GS flares for 315's / 275's? Which would be better the fiberglass or the ABS?

flares

No you don't "need" the flares, if you use the grand sport offset for 315 size tires. You don't want the GS flares if you are only putting 275's on your car. My car has 275's all the way around and it would look kind of gay with flares and no meats under it.
I have some stock buzzsaw style wheels off my 92' for sale if anyone wants them. All four are17x9 :s :pat

ABS or glass?

I have heard that the ABS GS flares crack if you try to bond them to the car. So if you want to bond them to the car, buy the Fiberglass flares. The ABS ones attach with double sided tape, or some people bolt them to the fender. In my opinion the bonded, all one piece look is better, because it won't look like a RiceBoy add on, but this method can be more expensive!

New BBS wheels

I got my new BBS RS Classic 3-piece modular wheels in the mail today, 17x9.5 and 17x11 in the ZR-1 offset. They don't make these anymore, They look amazing!!! They are the gold honeycomb style centers with a polished alloy lip. My vette is a very clean black, and These wheels look amazing on it!!!

I need the GS flares now, still thinking about fiberglass or ABS. My tires are in the mail still. I got 2 new Mich. tires 315/35/17 from a guy in cali who didn't need them both for $110!!!! Brand new!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom