Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 faster than L98 even w/o "full Power"

• Thread starter Thread starter coltmckinney
  • Start date Start date
C

coltmckinney

My first corvette was a 1990 convertible with the 250hp. My current ZR1 seems much faster than that even with the valet switch off. I read that with the switch off, it has 210hp. Mine has many mods so I expect it to be quicker, but it seems much faster. When I first drove the ZR1 it was without full power and I was impressed. Then I turned the switch on and floored it and had to pick up my eyeballs from the back of the seat!

My black 93 made 245 at the rear wheels with the secondaries off.

sleepyhead said:
Oh yeah, just rub it in why don't you! :L

:w -J.

J.,

You know he's right, right? :L

Sorry, I don't mean to rub it in. All corvettes are great. This is my 4th...and my favorite to drive. My 66 big block was the most fun to look at.

coltmckinney said:
Sorry, I don't mean to rub it in. All corvettes are great. This is my 4th...and my favorite to drive. My 66 big block was the most fun to look at.
No, I didn't mean that. I checked out a ZR1 for J. last year and we talked about it a lot.

My Z made 265rwhp with the power key off and ran 13.60 @ 102 i lost 2 full seconds and 20+MPH.
With my power key off i lost 170 RWHP but only 45 RWTQ
I don't think a stock ZR-1 withpower key off will take a stock L98.

ZR1Pete, Why did you run it with the power key off?

I raced a friend on the street with a LT1 Z28 with my power key off it was a pretty close race,so i thought i'd try it at the track just to see what the car will do.

Damn, mine is dog-slow with the secondaries disabled.

bans25 said:
Mine too... Seems like it takes forever to get through the gears! :)

Drop your Z's off at my house for a few weeks,when i'm done with them they'll be ZR-1's on steroids.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom