Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 Suspension?

• Thread starter Thread starter Last Ride
  • Start date Start date
L

Last Ride

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anything about the ZR1 suspension that is different than the regular C4 suspension. I know the brakes are different, each one is a Dana 44, but are there any other differences? I am looking at a ZR1 suspension for a frame conversion, and I can get a decent deal on it. I would be using coilovers in place of the fiberglass springs, so spring rates would not matter as much. Along the lines of the coilover, what would offer the best ride and which would offer the best handling? The car will be a cruiser first, a quarter mile car a few times a year. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help!

I have two setups regarding the coilovers. Spring rates are 375/250 for the street and 500/300 with "maraca" valve level shocks for the track. No compromise, but I have left the front track on for the street with good results. A stiff rear is a killer on the street. The rears come out as a unit, so switching is a breeze. Anything in the middle would be a good compromise for street and track use. It also depends on the bushings and bars you plan to use.
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom