Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

zz4 in C2

jwhunter

Corvette
64 BLACK CONVERTIBLE, 05 Coupe, Daytona Orange
I have a 64 numbers matching 327 300hp. I am considering putting in a new ZZ4 crate engine and have a few questions. Has anyone had any experience with the zz4 engine in the C2? The 327 is in good condition with no problems, I plan to keep it, will changing the engine affect the value of the car when I still have the orginal motor? The car is driven only on weekend etc. Thanks for any information,
jwhunter

I also have a 64 and I replaced the 327 with a new crate motor. I stored the original on a stand in the back of the garage. I kept all the old parts and figure as long as you have it you will be fine as the value goes. I really was not really concerned with the value, I just wanted a great driver. I looked at many motors at the time. I ended up having a motor built to my specs by www.enginefactory.com . I have them build a 350/420hp engine and I dropped it in last December. What a change from the old 327. It is awesome and The Engine Factory were really great to work with. Do plenty of research on what is out there before you decide. I seems pretty cool that we both own a 64 and a 05. Please let me know how it goes with your decision.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom