Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I did something naughty yesterday...

Fullback32

Corvette
2004 Magnetic Red Metallic II Convertible
Yesterday, after a year of ownership, I took my C5 past the century mark. Though I am usually wary of cops and all that, there were several cars going under the speed limit on the interstate (I-25 between Colorado Springs and Denver). I, of course, decided to pass them, yet stay within the +5 mph over the speed limit (75 mph). As I moved into the left lane a large Dodge pick up came zipping up on me and decided to ride my tail....jerk. As soon as I cleared a rise and noticed no cops, I punched it. Within seconds, I was over 100 mph and , of course pulled away fast from the Dodge and passed several cars. I got back into the right lane and slowed down, again, wary of hiding police. This was fun!

I experienced the same guilty pleasure myself one day in my C4 when another jerk decided to ride my rearend while passing slower traffic (what is it with these guys?). It's the only response, of course, in the name of safety we should pass quickly and efficiently and prevent further knotting of traffic.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

i love it when you are trying to enter the highway, and vehicles try to block you, i drop the vert to 3 gear, and open it up, usually hitting 100mph, yea its a great feeling knowing the power on your right foot:thumb:D

I had to do it myself before. Soon after buying my C5 I was on a nice long road trip from Virginia to Arkansas, 17 hours. Going through the state of Virginia with the cruise set at about 75 or 80. Couldn't resist the urge to take it off cruise on a couple of nice long stretches and after flirting with 90-95 for a bit, I shot it up to 106 on a nice straight away, could have gotten more, but I was happy with that for the time being.

It's just something that needs to be done now and then. It clears out the cob webs and keeps the mind sharp. Great therapy for the car and the driver.

:) Tom

I had to do it myself before. Soon after buying my C5 I was on a nice long road trip from Virginia to Arkansas, 17 hours. Going through the state of Virginia with the cruise set at about 75 or 80. Couldn't resist the urge to take it off cruise on a couple of nice long stretches and after flirting with 90-95 for a bit, I shot it up to 106 on a nice straight away, could have gotten more, but I was happy with that for the time being.
Its just pure bliss, knowing the power:thumb

Careful........ I hate to admit that I too have done this many more times than I should.. especially in the mountains. I really try to watch it nowdays. Just too many cell phones out there and would be traffic enforcers all to ready to report you to CSP. Our cars are a little too obvious and easy to identify. Got to admit.. sure is a rush:D

Yesterday, after a year of ownership, I took my C5 past the century mark. Though I am usually wary of cops and all that, there were several cars going under the speed limit on the interstate (I-25 between Colorado Springs and Denver). I, of course, decided to pass them, yet stay within the +5 mph over the speed limit (75 mph). As I moved into the left lane a large Dodge pick up came zipping up on me and decided to ride my tail....jerk. As soon as I cleared a rise and noticed no cops, I punched it. Within seconds, I was over 100 mph and , of course pulled away fast from the Dodge and passed several cars. I got back into the right lane and slowed down, again, wary of hiding police. This was fun!

...so, how soon till you look for another slow line of traffic to go around??? Come on you can tell us...

ADDICTING ISN'T IT!!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

How long till the grin was gone???:boogie:boogie:boogie

My experience on I-80W in a 70 Coupe with a non-original 400 SB, the car was a Rocket, even on the highway, anyway, this monster 4-wheeler came up on me, I thought he was going to roll right over me and the passing lane was open, I left it in 4th, gave it some gas up to 130MPH and that truck was glued to my backend and then a act of God, both tail pipes on the truck billowed white smoke, oops, he was way over his head with the gearing that truck probably had.......felt good...........I'm sorry..........

I've done the same thing with my C5. Sometimes you just have to open'er up to clear out the cobwebs in the 'ole carb. Oh wait, there isn't one, is there? :boogie

I read the thread subject on the homepage and thought I was gonna read something really juicy about some new sex tape surfacing which documents the excapdes of Tiger Woods' newest paramour but no....what I get is some story about speeding.

I've been robbed.

Classic Obnoxious

Is it not obvious that these a$$holes in Dodge trucks think they can fk with anyone at anytime they please? It's this pathetic juvenile mentality from the advertising and obnoxious styling that makes them think they can pull this crap. I've had this observation independently backed multiple times.
Similar thing happened to me years ago in my 944 getting onto a highway and actually had this raging moron in a Suburban try to run me down. Blew his sht away over 100... almost missed my exit.
I had a favorite highway entrance that followed a 270 curve. Sure as sht, I'd get some idiot trying to tail me in one of these 5th grade trucks. I would just drive into the curve at speed - no slowing, brakes or any other warning. Coming out of the turn onto the highway suddenly, I wasn't in their way anymore! :upthumbs

I think everyone that owns a Vette does it. I'm quilty too. I did it within the first hour of ownership of my car coming from Atlanta. It seems like when people tailgate you in a Corvette, they are closer than they appear. So why not put some distance between you! If you got it, use it!:beer

I did the same thing on I-40 between Williams and Seligman AZ, but I was waaaaaaay naughtier. After being so naughty, I bailed off the Interstate before John Law and Motorola could catch me. I then got lost in the 900 cars waiting for the start of the Route 66 Arizona fun run.

I drive Interstate 75 from naples to Miami-Alligator alley saw one BIG gator anyway I drive the speed limit-70 and watch everyone pass me and look over at me thinking-look at that jerk in a nice vette doing the speed limit!But every now and then-look out he's comming-zang right up to 100,so easy to pass everyone and everything with these cars-I love it!:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom