Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ECM question

Parrothead

Corvette
Quazar Blue 92
I have a 92, automatic and was trying to gt a new ECM. All numbers are faded on the unit and 2 different P/N's are listed on part store computers.

O.E.M. #16163993
O.E.M. #16159278

Can anyone tell me how to identify the correct unit for my car???

Thanks

16163993 = lt5
16159278 = lt1

ECM’S rarely fail by themselves; many failures are caused by a shorted solenoid. The TCC solenoid is sometimes overlooked when testing so be thorough when testing before you send another ECM back to the doctor.

I just brought a brand new boxed ECM on eBay :) $299 and that included the PROM. I cant use the prom as it is configurated for manual transmition and i have automatic but i am still very pleased.

Regards,
Steve

I just brought a brand new boxed ECM on eBay :) $299 and that included the PROM.

Got a link?
Lots of guys on other Forums looking for these early LT1 computers ( seem to have common faults with age )

Got a link?
Lots of guys on other Forums looking for these early LT1 computers ( seem to have common faults with age )

He only had one :-( Had a friend working at GM back in 1993 and he gave him one for spare. Car sold years ago and the box stored all this time and in its original packing :)

Why are you buying a new ECM? What tests were done to confirm failure?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom