Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The C7 Corvette body is done!!!

CHEVROLET- acronym

Crack
Heads
Engineering
Vehicles
Resemblant
Of
Lame
Eighties
Toys

;LOL

Please put away the ugly stick GM

Blech! All I can say is I'm keeping my C5 thank you.

Not a GM Picture

This is picture from an older article in MT. This "picture" of the C7 is actually an artist's rendering that MT commissioned.

The front end looks like one of the recent "aggresssive" little Asian sedans. The back end is as awkward as the new Camaro.

I thought we were at least gonna get some kind of split window on the coupe?

Check the gorgeous body on the new Jag concept car in AUTOWEEK, a four-turbine with electric hybrid. We need THAT kind of totally new, trend-setting design, equal in impact to the Sting Ray when it hit the streets in the fall of 1962.

It reminds me of another imaginary vehicle, the Transformers Vette.

Yeah- that is EXACTLY what I thought. But a convertible. :W

Must have been one of the cars sold after an accident on the set. :ugh

I agree, GM knows better than to put such an ugly version on he road. This can't be final-Too much Cadillac, etc. I'll hold final opinion until "Official" version is released. What happened to the Split-Window concept. Oh yeah, s*** can the v6, don't care if it produces 400hp, Vettes deserve better!!!!!! Upgrade the LT5 to to current tech. and results will be MUCH BETTER!!!!

I agree that this probably isn't a perfect rendering of the final Corvette body for the C6.5 or C7, whatever, but I think it could be close. Consider this, there was a lot of positive feedback to the Transformers version which had a lot of you (I don't particularly care for certain parts of it) went nuts over, including the split window. I'll never know why anyone likes that split window thing but to each his own. That being said, GM is likely to take numerous styling cues form the Transformers car and apply it to a freshening of the C6. This rendering appears to have done just that. That means that all the positive feedback has affected the next design - they worked it into the front end and rear of the car. If you don't like what you see, well, it's partly those that went ga ga over the Transformer car's fault.

As an aside... one positive thing about it - it's stirred up a great discussion among everyone. There are currently 78 viewers looking at this thread - Troglodytes included I'm sure! :L

:wJane Ann

pkeats

I doubt this is the final form. The front-end is really unappealing. From what I can see, the rest of the body is little changed from the C6. The C5 has smooth, aerodynamic lines and that's what caused me to buy the 2004 that I will keep.

My friends say the difference between the C-5 and C-6 are as much as the C-4 to the C-5. I haven't driven one yet. Is it that big a change? I like the look of my 01 better than the C-6's, but the little things bother me. Like warning lights coming on for no reason, is one of them.

Not Too Crazy About The Design. Too Cadillacy I also not liking the hoover look!

Not digging it too much, is this the final draft?

Bill :w

Artist's inspired rendition?
I hope for Corvette lovers sake, that these pictures are as close to the next Generation Vette as the Boston POPs are with their tribute to Led Zeppelin.
It is ghastly.
If They build it, I'm selling my Z06 so there is no reflection on my style.
Really GM, please copy the styles of Pininfarina, Or Lamborghinni, or just use functional style with gentle curves.
The stealth fighter look has been done already. This looks like a P.O.S.:puke

I'm not buying it...

...the design in the pictures, that is. Wherever this came from, I think the General wants to keep everyone off balance as long as possible. I agree the front end looks ridiculous. I just can't believe the design teams that have done so well in the past would settle for something this derivative (and UGLY!) Look at the grillework: it's cavernous! Form should follow function and I just don't see it here. I'll say this, though. If you've got a quality, low milage Corvette, don't sell it right now because it's going to be very desirable if this turkey ever sees the light of day.

(snip)Really GM, please copy the styles of Pininfarina, Or Lamborghinni, or just use functional style with gentle curves.
The great thing about the Corvette to date is it's exterior design didn't "copy" any other car, it was unique.

Let's hope that GM continues that. I think that car in the Photoshop hack is freakin' ugly but...I wouldn't want a Corvette that looks like anything Pininfarina has styled, either. Nor would I want a Vette that looks like a Lambo.

Come on people...if the C7 exterior was complete, you really think GM would take the car to a race track and let some web site photograph it?

Sheesh.

Those are P'shop "hacks".

:wIMHO.......You are so correct!!:beer
The pictures shown are at least 2 years old based on the article comments below.
This is old magazine hype to sell mags.
The body they show is very difficult to produce/warranty.
Looks very nice for show, but not the least bit reasonable for the street.
There are also DOT standards for pedestrian safety that I think this would be difficult to pass. But we all knew that.

My personal thought is that when you see the c6.5 you will know immediately that it is a vette since it will look very similar to the c4/c5/c6.
It will probably have a V8 at first and then if the going gets tough ala EPA, they could have a V6 "option" (reverse of the Camaro).

Then when it finally comes out we will all hear:
Why didnt they make it a mid engine with 8 turbos and direct injection. AND the seats need improvement!!
Almost forgot: the interior looks cheap for a $150,000 car!!:boogie

(snip)
It will probably have a V8 at first and then if the going gets tough ala EPA, they could have a V6 "option" (snip)

C6.5 will have a 5.5L, V8 with direct injection, VVT and perhaps AFM.
No V6.

Nice

Well, I like it! Maybe I'm just younger than you guys.:) I think if they go with it; it will prove to be a winner. I might even trade my C6 in on one.:upthumbs I just hope they have as much rear storage area.

Well, I like it! Maybe I'm just younger than you guys.:) I think if they go with it; it will prove to be a winner. I might even trade my C6 in on one.:upthumbs I just hope they have as much rear storage area.

Norseman....are you kidding? "Everyone" is younger than us guys.:L I think we determined that is "not" the new C7 so hang on to your C6. And thank you for your service to our country.
Remo:cool

I second this. . . . . . .

Norseman....are you kidding? "Everyone" is younger than us guys.:L I think we determined that is "not" the new C7 so hang on to your C6. And thank you for your service to our country.
Remo:cool

DITTO, and I second that; thanks for your service to this GREAT country :pat

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom