Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The C7 Corvette body is done!!!

Corvette
75 Stroker 4spd Frame Off, 05 Cpe 6spd
Quote from Motor Trend Editors "MT CONFIDENTIAL" Mike Connor

Page 17 December Edition

"The C7 Corvette body is done, after a two-design in-house competition at GM design. Like the C6 that launched as a 2005 model, the 2013 or 2014 Corvette will be an evolutionary update of the current car, say a C6.5.

One sticking point on the engineering side is whether Chevrolet can apply cylinder deactivation to the V8, though it's coupled to the rear-mounted transmission.

Engineers are reluctant to try new solutions to the situation, because the solutions could result in problems with drivetrain quality or power.

Why all the interest in cylinder deactivation in a V8-powered sports car? Because post-2016 fuel economy standards are expected to dictate it..."

Chuck M

The rumors/pics will start ramping-up as we get closer to the C7's production date...

15zl65x.gif

Ugly!...maybe they should have gone with the 73 AeroVette concept car and modify the back a bit
1973 Chevrolet Aerovette Concept Images, Information and History (Experimental, Gull-Wing) | Conceptcarz.com

I agree, ugly as freaking sin.

The 73 AeroVette STILL looks new and fresh even though it's 37 years old! Yikes! 37??
They must have Caddy guys working on the design. Get rid of those guys and get artists in there. Who wants something that even looks like a Caddy? I mean a Vette is supposed to be above the pack.

I suppose the C8s will look like Hondas. :W

I Like Front Intakes As Much As The Next Guy....But.....

Geez....my wife just bought a new Hoover vacuum cleaner and I must admit there are some similar design aspects.

2717041310103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Come on people...if the C7 exterior was complete, you really think GM would take the car to a race track and let some web site photograph it?

Sheesh.

Those are P'shop "hacks".

I don't care how much HP they put into a V-6, it's just wrong for a Corvette. It's like Porsche putting a flat 4 in there new models. It didn't work with the 912E.

Click here: The Porsche 912 E (1976)

912eblk.jpg

Please, -tell me it isn't true...

:L -i mean this herein supposed C-6.5 facelift has to be a cruel joke, --right? -for this manifestation festooned with gaping scoops and outlets, -looks very unsophisticated, like something an ethnic/chop-shop would throw together to dazzle the teenagers visiting a 'Good Guys' HotRod-show. I think we need to hold-back, and trust that the Vette-stylists are far far more sophisticated, -than to revert to such a trite 'BuckRogers' styling-theme suggested here in both convertible and coupe iterations. The 50th-anniversary Vette-coupe which was inflicted upon the public awhile back by GM's Styling-chief was an absurd abomination, which exhibited similar outlandish "eat you alive" MadMax like enveloping-scoops (inlets/outlets), --and was something that is okay to fool around with as a back-room design-exercise, --but shame on GM, it never should have seen the light of day! Please dear lord, --have mercy upon Corvette evolution and survival of the esteemed marque, -don't allow us to become the laughing stock of the world...!!! :confused :ugh ;LOL

???

Maybe its the replacement for the Saturn line, you could call it a Cadivette or Coracad:rotfl:rotfl

I say call it a FIAT (Fix It Again Tony) Go back to the drawing board. :rotfl

The only redeeming point I see in that design is that, if it catches on, those who must have the "latest and greatest" will be dumping their C6s in droves, driving those prices way down.

C7 Body Style

I am extremely glad that I bought a 2008 ZO6.

What a mistake for GM to consider this V6.5 design.

If they go with this they are cutting their own throats.

My next car might just have to be German.

We're Not All In The Know

Come on people...if the C7 exterior was complete, you really think GM would take the car to a race track and let some web site photograph it?

Sheesh.

Those are P'shop "hacks".

Hib...give us Troglodytes a break. We don't have the "inside" track like you. It's winter and we need to vent. So it might as well be about this.:L
250px-Troglodyte_-_Sam_Wood.jpg

Remo:cool

The "new" GM no longer communicates with small-time independent writers who cover Corvette, such as myself. I have no longer have any kind of "inside track" other than understanding a bit about the GM vehicle development process and how GM communicates (or doesn't communicate, as the case might be) with media.

GM is not going to give some two-bit web site exclusive access to the "C7" exterior design as it would have had to have done for those pictures to be legit. Additionally, there are aspects of the car in that image hack which was posted which would never work on a high-volume production automobile like a Corvette because they'd be too costly to manufacture and/or wouldn't meet MVSSes and/or:W... are just plain fugly.

As for "C6.5"...what's coming in the near future is actually called just that on the "inside". Yeah, we'll probably get a "freshen-up" of the car's appearance but probably not as extensive or as freakin' butt-ugly as is in those hacked images.

The big changes will be in the car's electrical system, it's telematics, its interior (we all pray for better seats) and its powertrain. I look for a 5.5L base V8 with direct injection, VVT and at least AFM on the automatic trans version and maybe even with the manual version. The car is going to have to be lighter and my guess is the way they'll do it is the aluminum frame on all cars along with some CF body parts and more use of magnesium.

Don't be surprised if the Z06 and the ZR1 go away 1) because they can't meet CAFE and 2) there may no longer be a need for hardcore Corvettes with most of the car's potential buyers being over 60 and having soft, fat asses.

Ok....on #2, I'm just polemicizing but, if there is going to be some kind of aggressive-performance Corvette, it's probably not going to have a 427 in it. Perhaps a supercharged version of the 5.5.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom