Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Do You Like Best About Your C5

HUD Display

Here's an option that most people really like.:cool

2006ChevyC6CorvetteConvertibleHeadsUpDisplay01Fixed.jpg

Is that a C5 HUD? I don't think mine will show G-forces and my tach looks different.

Here's an option that most people really like.:cool

2006ChevyC6CorvetteConvertibleHeadsUpDisplay01Fixed.jpg

That's a C6 HUD, same page I use on my '10 Grand Sport! :eyerole

04 Z06 w. Z16.:thumb

:thumb:thumb:thumb

VERY little not to like about C5, but something that still impresses me, aside from styling and comfort, is I can get 25 mpg on the way to the track, enjoy the power from a stock LS6 while I'm there, then get another 25 mpg on the ride home.

Picky, Picky, Picky

Geez you guys are a tuff crowd. Here's a C5 HUD.:L In any case I still think the HUD was
a terrific option on the C5's. How about you?

47582079d1118941969-do-you-have-hud-pics-for-the-new-guy-dsc00007.jpg

Geez you guys are a tuff crowd. Here's a C5 HUD.:L In any case I still think the HUD was

corvette-c5-z06-08.jpg

hmmm...55 mph at about 200-300 rpm. LOL:L

Looks like 1500 RPM to me. :ugh

"In The Begining"

corvette-c5-z06-08.jpg
I thought it was useless, now, I use it all the time for MPH........

Looks like 1500 RPM to me. :ugh
You are right! When I first looked at it I thought those were just measure marks and the solid bar toward the bottom the rpm. On a different note...that sure looks like a nice drive!!

I agree 100%, I first had a HUD in my 92 Bonneville SSEi and loved it. My current Bonneville has it and so does the Corvette. I really miss not having it in my pickup.

Love Those Silver C5's

C5 Corvette...any questions? I don't think so!

Mark...here's something you and I will also agree on....the color of our C5's.;)

2794059670103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

2004 commemorative edition

Have got to agree with Hib 100%!!!

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition is probably the best looking "package" the General ever put on a Corvette, and it oh the way it pulls in 3rd and 4th gears...

I'm in full agreement with Hib Halverson and BigJimZ16...:thumb

Randy
Huntsville, AL
Z16/Z06

I am a recent C5 convert. My last Vet was a '94 ZR-1. I've also had Alfa's, Jags, and a 911. I have to admit I was in total love with the ZR-1, particularly the engine. 4000 to 6000 RPM was like butter, but under 2100 it was admittedly torqueless. Still, when I decided it was time to get another Vet I was completely committed to getting a super clean '94 or '95 ZR-1.

But, then I decided to open the door to any Vet from C4 to C6. I drove them, talked to owners, went to Vet car shows and studied the technologies involved. I even looked at used 911's and a DB-9. But, the more I looked, the more I became entranced with almost every aspect of the C5 platform. Handling, torque, hud, roominess, ride, ease of entry/exit, easy heel&toe and the list goes on ...

One write-up I saw kinda said it all ... "The C5 is the best sports car bargain on the planet." Yeah, the nose is maybe a little too bulbous and above 4500 RPM some of them literally drink oil because of the rings, but, with a few choice mods, this car transforms into a stellar machine.

I couldn't be happier with my choice and websites like this one made the decision a lot easier. So, thanks ...

Whats not to like!!!
Its as comfortable as a Caddy and I'm 6'5"
It comes equip with a descent stereo
It goes like stink with good gas mileage
It corners better than I do
It turns heads even though its 14 years old
Its top pops off
_DSC1896.jpg
And -- oh ya that back end is better looking than most front ends

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom