Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1961 Basic questions

Rockdaddy

Corvette
1961 Roman Red with white coves
My favorite girl is a 1961, driver with a 350 engine, with aftermarket rims and BFG tires that really make it fund to drive.
But working and Mexico and only getting home a couple times of the year there are some things that need to be done.
Thank goodness my son drives her enough as not to have issues.

Not to beat this issue to death, but my gaskets around my windshield needs replacing. Having followed the other threads, most helpful by the way, its too much for me to tackle on my own.
I went to Burkes in Maitland, Fl and he is very busy, and could not give me a ball park price, or even a schedule on this repair.
Is there anyone else in Florida that you members would recommend?

Also I noticed a drip at the rear end of the car, I snugged it up but its still weeping.
Is there a copper washer that I should add or a gasket washer, and what type of fluid should I use in the replacement of this fluid?

thanks for any help.

Rocky

Also I noticed a drip at the rear end of the car, I snugged it up but its still weeping.
Is there a copper washer that I should add or a gasket washer, and what type of fluid should I use in the replacement of this fluid?

thanks for any help.

Rocky

Where is the drip? What's leaking? Brake fluid, gasoline, diff lube?

:beer

John the leak is at the differential bottom plug/bolt.
thanks.
Rocky

If your diff has a drain plug on the bottom, the axle housing has been replaced; only pre-'59 axles had the bottom drain plug. That bottom drain plug uses a copper sealing washer - Corvette Central has them.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom