Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rivets........how to get them out??????

manofsteel

Trying to get the drums off of the rear and heard that there are rivets holding them on. WhyHow do I get these out? Heard something about drilling them, but they are big and probably thick. So how do I do this? Are they aon the front too? OMG What a crzy thing. Are they neede when the drums are put on? How about a videio on this........anyone know? Thanks
Jim:confused:confused:confused:confused

Trying to get the drums off of the rear and heard that there are rivets holding them on. WhyHow do I get these out? Heard something about drilling them, but they are big and probably thick. So how do I do this? Are they aon the front too? OMG What a crzy thing. Are they neede when the drums are put on? How about a videio on this........anyone know? Thanks

Yes, you drill them... but you only ned to drill the depth of the rivet head; then you hit the head with a cold chisel and shear the rivet off.

What model year car is this? Corvette haven't had brake drums since the 1965 and I didn't thing the drum brake cars had rivets.

I'm assuming he's talking about the parking brake drum, which, unfortunately for unsprung weight, seems to be the best way to make parking brakes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom