Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Anyone ever seen these makings before on there L81 or C3

Yellow81vette

Corvette
Yellow L81
When I restored the engine compartment I saw these numbers on the passenger side. DSCF7607.jpg
I think this is a inspection card from the factory.DSCF7621.jpg

Now I'm restoring the interior and I found the same numbers again on the passenger side.DSCF7599.jpg

It is not uncommon to see these on any vette!
they were used during the production of the vehicles.

441 is the assembly line job number for your car. It may match the last three digits of your VIN. I am not familiar with the white label. Where is it located? It may have been used if your car was selected for a quality audit.
:thumb

When I restored the engine compartment I saw these numbers on the passenger side.

As Mike indicated...this is the job number when the body panels were being built and prior to the assignment of the VIN tag. If you have a buildsheet, you'll probably find 441 in the upper left-hand corner as a part of the schedule information. The number was assigned to track all the body panels as they were being built that would eventually become the body assembly of your vehicle. It is not uncommon to find the same number on several panels.

For more information, follow this link, and about half way down the page you'll see a link to Job Numbers & Body Panels. Its an excerpt from Chapter 3 that discusses the topic thoroughly.

Hope this helps! :thumb

Welcome to the Hunt4cleanair

The NCRS would be another good resource.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom