Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HyperKuhl Super Coolant

frank_nesta

Corvette
1977 Convertible and 2017 Black Rose Grand Sport

Have any of you ever heard or used HyperKuh with an aluminum radiator? If not do you have an opinion? Were I live we do not need Antifreeze, but I want to protect my radiator corrosion.

Have any of you ever heard or used HyperKuh with an aluminum radiator? If not do you have an opinion? Were I live we do not need Antifreeze, but I want to protect my radiator corrosion.

This sounds similar to the 'water wetter' product. It's essentially the additive package that comes with conventional coolants that contains surfactants and protects from corrosion etc.

It might be true that you don't need any cold weather protection, but conventional coolants also raise the boiling point significantly as compared to water. You'd be giving up that advantage with this product.

No thanks.

I tend to agree with what's posted about additives.

The best way to prevent corrosion, overheating, and damage is to change your coolant at the proper intervals and to use a quality antifreeze.

Also, if your water pump, fans, and radiator are all working properly and coolant is changed at the right intervals you should be okay.

Keeping the car in tune helps too- retarded spark and/or lean mixture creates excess heat too. As does leaves, plastic bags, and debris stuck in the radiator fins.

I have seen a number of engines that got REALLY frozen and the freeze plugs had gotten pushed out about 8" and stuck on the end of a column of ice. During the winters where I live the temperatures can often drop down to maybe 15 degrees and I have had the pipes that feed my washing machine in my garage split open.

Like Mikey said, it sounds like another Water Wetter knockoff. I would be safe and use 25% coolant and 75% distilled water along with the product. You can always bite the bullet and go with the Evans waterless coolant.

It might be true that you don't need any cold weather protection, but conventional coolants also raise the boiling point significantly as compared to water. You'd be giving up that advantage with this product.

No thanks.

OK, I am confused, yes conventional coolants raise the boiling point compared to water, but I thought that plain water coolers better or efficient than a 50/50 mixture of conventional coolants. Yes, they are apples and oranges. But, if water cools better than the 50/50 mixture of conventional coolants you might not need to worry about the boiling point a much? Right?

Pure water without corrosion protection is not in the cards since I have an aluminum radiator. That is why I was looking at Hyperkuhl. I would really appreciate if you would check out the link I attached and give me your opinion. I have not found any negatives on this product and need another set of eyes.

I know I asked for opinions. I got that and I am appreciative of all your opinions. I was really hoping that someone had used the product and could share their experiences with it. Thanks all for your opinions and insights.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom