Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

vandalism security

jinzo

Corvette
black 04 c5
Good day all,

I bought my C5 last summer, 120k miles, but it's still my baby. However, that means I'm still paranoid as heck about some jealous troublemaker keying my car or doing some crap to it if I have to park it outside.

Is something like this sentry mode on a tesla a possibility? YouTube

I'm skeptical about cameras, because it is a convertible and with the tarp up, there's limited coverage to the field of view in the back and sides, but then again, I'm a late bloomer, so what do I know.

Your years of experience will be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Jimmy

Keep in mind that it was a Tesla and may have deserved it. Just kidding. Sort of.

Two points, 1) the camera didn't stop the vandalism and never will, you just get to watch it happen. 2) You probably won't catch the perp's anyway because of hats or hoodies and no positive ID.

I would say a better way would be a medium/heavy car cover to hide the make and model as best as possible, and make it tougher for the act to happen. A-holes tend to walk away from having to do too much work and taking too much time.

Thanks for the advice, only reason why I was asking is because I work with a bunch of reservist kids and I have a gut feeling that if I park it in the parking lot or near the armory they'd get angsty or something, but at least with footage I could point the finger and be like "a-ha! You little c**t thought you could get away with it eh? “

Thanks for the advice, only reason why I was asking is because I work with a bunch of reservist kids and I have a gut feeling that if I park it in the parking lot or near the armory they'd get angsty or something, but at least with footage I could point the finger and be like "a-ha! You little c**t thought you could get away with it eh? “

I get it, catching them would be good but it doesn't fix the damage.

Preventive if possible usually works best.

True, true, when you say a heavy car cover do you mean the normal ones you use for storage?

True, true, when you say a heavy car cover do you mean the normal ones you use for storage?

The heavy I was referring to are the outdoor waterproof covers, but they are bulky and take up extra cargo space. I use it when I take trips.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom